Maschine+ USB port power?

katto
katto Member Posts: 6 Member

Hey I am happy new user of Maschine+ (used regular Maschine for 10+ years). Very impressed of the build quality and new workflow without computer.

I use Maschine+ with external interface (RME Babyface Pro FS). Babyface is known to draw 5V 600mA power. USB 2.0 is usually 500mA though. Are the Maschine+ ports also 500mA? Should I use the Babyface with power supply, so I don't drain too much power from Maschine+? I tried and the Babyface works with just USB power from Maschine+, but I am worried though if I am putting too much stress on Maschine+ power output?

Comments

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Why would you use M+ with an external audio interface when M+ is itself one? Just curious. 🤔

• katto
    katto Member Posts: 6 Member

Better audio quality and mic preamp. And most importantly allows me to connect adat/optical out to my main rig (high end) without any quality loss.

Direct M+ didn't sound bad necessarily though when I tried first with headphones, soft sound.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Good to know. Thanks for clarifying. 👍

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert

If it’s not a problem to connect the Babyface to its own power supply, I’d rather use that than relying on the M+.