NML playlists will only export to default folder on Win 10 (running Traktor 3.5.2)

DJ Sepia
DJ Sepia Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I'm using Traktor 3.5.2 on a Win 10 system and recently encountered a bug when exporting a playlist. If I export to the default folder (users/username/documents) the playlist exports perfectly. If I try and export to another folder, the playlist file is not generated, but no error message is presented. While this is only a minor inconvenience, it would be good to determine if this is a universal bug or something specific to my system. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 341 Guru

Does it happen on any other directory, in every location you try? It could be an issue with file management rights – if you're trying to save to something inside the Program Files directory structure, for example. Have you tried anywhere you KNOW your user has write access? The Downloads directory should be a pretty safe bet if you're not sure. Do subdirectories of Documents work as save locations?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@DJ Sepia Can you try re-analyzing the tracks in the playlist before exporting again? Keep us updated!

• DJ Sepia
    DJ Sepia Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Thanks for your comments, folks. I've since discovered that by default, new folders created on my Windows 10 PC seem be assigned "Read Only". I'll try re-exporting to a folder that does not have the "Read Only" attribute checked under preferences and see if that fixes the problem. I am confident that it will. @wayfinder was probably on the money.