Chords and Arps in Komplete Kontrol

Chuck 1703
Chuck 1703 Member Posts: 8 Member

Hi,

I assume there has been many discussions about this. i'm probably not writing the correct text, but as I can't seem to find a pin point answer on this. Is there a way to convert the midi that I am hearing in the chord mode into Logic (rather than just a key switch, but the actual chords that I am hearing)??

Best Answer

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 120 Advisor
    Answer ✓

No need to ditch Logic IMO as I posted in a related thread - take it or leave it!!!

There is a midi plugin called Midi FXFreeze. It will capture the full chord output from an arpeggiated instrument. Fairly straightforward to use and not at all expensive.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

Kind of asking the same question over and over in threads there...

Answer is the same, the AU plugin format and Logic are the limitations here and affects ANY plugins that need to side-output complex MIDI data. Solution is simply to ditch Logic and use something else that will work such as Pro Tools, Ableton, Cubase, Reaper or almost anything else that supports VST and to NOT use the AU plugin or wait for the AU standard to catch up.

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 120 Advisor
    Answer ✓

No need to ditch Logic IMO as I posted in a related thread - take it or leave it!!!

There is a midi plugin called Midi FXFreeze. It will capture the full chord output from an arpeggiated instrument. Fairly straightforward to use and not at all expensive.