Traktor CUE signal to OBS

As you already know, OBS is the leading software for DJ streaming. That being said, I would like to inform you about the following issue with your software on Windows 10:

Traktor sends, via USB, both the master audio and the cue audio to OBS, without the possiblity to separate the two sound sources.

Of course, you already recommended using an external audio interface, but that is costly.

Rekordbox and Serato have solved this issue by creating a virtual master out to send only this signal.

Please fix this.

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,219 Expert

Yes, it's somewhat sad.

The issue is that Traktor sends 4 channels to, stereo master and stereo cue to the controller. OBS picks all 4 of them up and downmixes them into stereo. There is no way in OBS to ignore 2 out of 4 channels. And for 99.9% of OBS usecases it would not make sense.

The possibility in rekordbox and serato to send record out to another device is quite elegant.

It's already possible to select a record out output. But it has to be the same device.

All the software solutions like Voicemeeter did not work out for me. (Outright did not work, sound issues or delay)

I now did solder my own cable to get booth out into line in. Silly Native Instrument 😩

• Spring Goose
    Spring Goose Member Posts: 1 Member

I would like this fixing as a priority too.

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro
    edited August 2022

Routing the Audio in Voicemeter can be tricky for sure...

but i have managed to route everything from my Traktor unit & split the Master and Monitoring output.. within Voicemeter... essentially using Voicemeter as the audio interface as opposed to Traktors internal one

The issues of the delay are manageable... as much of it ties in with which VM meter output is on...

It can be tricky to setup... but once its setup..you begin to understand how to route audio and how delay behaves in relation to various software outputs... and how one can manage it!!

• Garner
    Garner Member Posts: 12 Member

Did you try voicemeeter with any success?

• Kayya
    Kayya Member Posts: 189 Advisor

It's too bad you can't live stream with traktor pro. Is this true what you are talking about? in this way it becomes an unfinished program.

• Garner
    Garner Member Posts: 12 Member

@Kayya I got it to work using the link above in the thread.