PC doesn't recognize Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 AT ALL!!!

Thomas34
Thomas34 Member Posts: 9 Member

No matter what I do, my PC doesn't recognize my keyboard. I did ALL the steps that NI suggests in that case (running as administrator, reinstall drivers....), but nothing helps.

I can connect my keyboard via USB and turn it on. Energy is there, lights on the keyboard are on. When I start "Komplete Kontrol" app my keyboard isn't there. Even in the "device manager" of my windows, the keyboard is NOT shown. What is going on??? Please help, I am losing my mind.

Best Answer

• Thomas34
    Answer ✓

Thanks guys, I got it working. It was my fault, it seems the USB-cable wasn't perfectly plugged into the S49. It had energy and I could turn it on, but after replugging it, it suddenly worked. It felt like it wasn't 100% plugged in at first.

Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,002 Guru

Need more details. What OS is the PC running? Which version of Komplete Kontrol? How is the S49 connected? Original cable? Directly or via hub etc? How many other USB devices are plugged in?

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 144 Advisor

just some suggestions to trouble shoot:

Did it work before?

If yes, find out what might have changed, work your way back, and try to identify what causes the problem.

If no:

Try with another USB cable. If you pass via a USB hub, try plugging it in straight into the computer, and/or another USB hub.

Also, in Maschine or your DAW most of the time you need to go to the general settings/preferences. There check for the midi or hardware option (or something like that). You need to toggle the keyboard "on" so your music software recognizes the keyboard as a controller.

• Thomas34
    Answer ✓

Thanks guys, I got it working. It was my fault, it seems the USB-cable wasn't perfectly plugged into the S49. It had energy and I could turn it on, but after replugging it, it suddenly worked. It felt like it wasn't 100% plugged in at first.