Komplete Kontrol not finding the library for many Arturia plug-ins

manisnotabird
manisnotabird Member Posts: 8 Member

For example, when I open preferences in Komplete Kontrol and go to "Plug-ins" I can see Komplete Kontrol has recognized the ARP 2600 V3 plug-in. But when I go to the "Library" tab of the KK preferences, it doesn't show the library for the ARP 2600. But then I go to my hard drive, /library/Arturia/ARP 2600 V3/Third Party/Native Instruments/presets they are all there. I have tried reinitializing the Komplete Kontrol database by deleting komplete.db3 and favorites.db3, and uninstalling and reinstalling the ARP 2600 from the Arturia Software Center. No luck. Some of my Arturia synths are showing up no problem, and others aren't.

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod
    Answer ✓

@Maxhombre Arturia plug-ins should show in the browser. We'd need some more information. Are all plug-ins missing from the browser? Are you able to load them from the right window drop down menu?

Is it also happening in Komplete Kontrol in standalone or only in Logic?

Are Logic, Komplete Kontrol and the Arturia Software Center all have Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Have you tried resetting the database as explained in this article: KOMPLETE KONTROL Crashes

• BrinyBeats
    BrinyBeats Member Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓

I had this same problem after migrating from an Intel Mac to a Mac Studio (M1).

I've got it working now though. This is what I did:

• Enabled full disk access as noted earlier in this thread.
    • Uninstalled affected plug-ins using Arturia Software Center.
    • For some reason some plug-ins wouldn't complete an uninstall, so had to manually uninstall those using instructions found on an Arturia support page (search for "how to properly uninstall Arturia software")
    • Installed plug-ins using Arturia Software Center.
    • RESTART computer.

Restarting the computer turned out to be a crucial step. Hopefully this info might help others.

Answers

• manisnotabird

I can manually add the libraries to the "user" section and they work, but of course then I have to switch back and forth between factory and user, which isn't how it should be for what are factory presets!

• manisnotabird

Some of the Arturia presets don't work (the interface comes up and it even shows on the little picture of the Wurlitzer which keys I'm pressing on my keyboard but it doesn't make any sound). Others do work, not sure if there's a pattern to which do and don't.

• Jeremy_NI

@manisnotabird You should see all the presets available for an Arturia plug-in here:

It's a little unclear in your description, what are you missing exactly? The NKS presets don't show as a library in Komplete Kontrol's preferences, that's normal.

"I can manually add the libraries to the "user" section and they work, but of course then I have to switch back and forth between factory and user, which isn't how it should be for what are factory presets!"

What do you mean by libraries here ?

• manisnotabird

As you can see the ARP 2600 V3 doesn't show up here.

But in the preferences under the "plug-in" tab you can see it does show up:

But the library for it does not show up under the "library" tab in the preferences:

But I was able to manually add the library for the ARP 2600 V3 to the "user" section of the library section of the preferences.

• Jeremy_NI

@manisnotabird Please make sure to give Full Disk Access to Komplete Kontrol: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Then delete the whole folder found here:

Macintosh HD / Users / User Name / Library / Application Support / Native Instruments / Komplete Kontrol

I would also recommend to remove these Arturia folders from the User library section of Komplete Kontrol as it will create conflict.

If that doesn't solve it, we'll have to contact you by email and have a deeper look into your system.

• manisnotabird

Komplete Kontrol already had full disk access. I removed the Arturia folders from the user section. Quit Komplete Kontrol, then deleted that folder (Macintosh HD / Users / User Name / Library / Application Support / Native Instruments / Komplete Kontrol), then restarted Komplete Kontrol and after taking a long time to rescan... everything is exactly how it was before.

• Jeremy_NI

@manisnotabird I contacted you by email regarding this issue, we'll need to check your system.

• PBSCNL21
    PBSCNL21 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Please I've same problem ... no way to have the Arturia Collection 9 in Complete control software (no one plug ins) ... I followed all the instructions receive from NI support ... nothing happen ... have you already solve the problem ?!

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
    edited January 2023

Plugin installers add factory paths to Komplete Kontrol via .plist files in prefs and xml files in the Native Instruments folder. Sounds like for some reason the Arturia software centre has missed a few in this case. If reinstallation doesn’t work you can manually add the missing .plist files. This site has some information on how to do this

Tell me what you have missing and I can look for them in my own preference folder and post them here but you may need to edit the paths still if you don’t use standard ones

• Kymeia
    edited January 2023

So let's try a test - here are the relevant files from my system for the Arturia ARP 2600 V3 since you mentioned this one as being missing:

The .plist file goes in:

/Library/Preferences

and the .xml in

/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center

if you have non standard paths you will need to edit them accordingly

That should make the Arp appear in the settings/library tab - then you need to manually rescan that path and the NKS files should then appear under 'Factory'

• manisnotabird

The .plist and .xml files for the Arturia plugins missing from Komplete Kontrol are in their proper place right next to the one Arturia plugins that do show up.

• Kymeia

That’s odd can you check if they have the right paths? Maybe try overwriting yours with mine (back them up first).

• Jeremy_NI
    edited January 2023

@manisnotabird I've seen in a recent case that giving Full Disk Access to the Arturia Software Center and reinstalling the Arturia plug-ins solved a similar issue. Would that work for you?

And also, not sure if we asked you this already but are you able to load the problematic plug-ins by the drop down menu? in VST ? In VST3 ?

• Maxhombre
    Maxhombre Member Posts: 50 Member

Hi Ni people,

Ive got the same problem,

I was told by Arturia that its V-Collection can be seen in Komplete Kontrol, Ive tried every which way and done all of the things mentioned in this thread but no luck.

I also run a huge Classical Logic start up autoload song with Logic Channels pre-loaded with instruments and then turned off so as to not use ram and then turned on when needed (I have 128GB of Ram) I currently have 91 instances of Komplete Kontrol pre-loaded with an instrument and turned off, any advice on using things this way would be helpful as there are very few people running 100+ logic channel in an autoload startup song.