Feature Request. Recording options.

miknik
miknik Member Posts: 21 Member
edited February 2022 in Maschine

When i want to record some improvisation, first i need to hear some part of song, so please:

1. In menu called from a "hold Rec button" - add option to wait n-bars before recording is started after start of playback.
  2. In SAMPLING menu, Recording page - add option to wait n-bars before recording is started after start of playback.
  3. Add in SHIFT+LOOP menu (for example) option to choose STOP button behavior A. STOP will stop playhead and leave it in current part (as it is) B. STOP will stop playhead and leave it in start position.

Comments

• miknik

3. Or STOP once stop playhead in current part, STOP twice stop playhead and place it in start position.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    edited February 2022

You wouldn’t believe how many times this was already requested over the last decade…

• miknik

Today I bought a pedal for M+ and that's what I came up with:

Option on the sampling page to wait for the pedal to be pressed (with or without synchronization with bars).

The nuance is that in sampling mode, the waiting (control) of the pedal is maintained when switching to another group, i.e. during sampling, the start and stop buttons would not react to the pedal, but keep control sampling.

Because now, when you exit sampling, the pedal stops controlling it and controls the start and stop.

for example, in group B I set up waiting for sampling to start, in group A I play and it is recorded in a sample in group B, but only when i press the pedal.

Also i found feature: change polarity on pedal change it behavior from "start record sample" to "delete current take"

And another great idea for sampling:

when the internal sound source is selected and another group (with drum kit) is selected as input, add the option to record in the sample either only what you play live on group with drum kit or together with a pattern that may plays in that group.