Super 8 doublon

Options
Mark Oxley
Mark Oxley Member Posts: 139 Helper
edited January 2023 in Massive X & Synths

Hi

I appear to have 2 versions of Super 8. I purchased it originally as a separate item a couple of years ago but just recently upgraded to Komplete 14 which has Super 8 included in the bundle. 1 version says just Super 8 and the other that came with Komplete 14 says Super 8 R2. What’s the difference between them if any?

I’m also selling the licence for the former if anyone’s interested, £50

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Super 8 was originally a Reaktor-only synth. In 2019, NI eventually decided to create a standalone VST for it: Super 8 R2. However, sales of the standalone version weren't that great and so the decision was made to cease development on it (source). The focus is now back on the Reaktor version.

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Super 8 was originally a Reaktor-only synth. In 2019, NI eventually decided to create a standalone VST for it: Super 8 R2. However, sales of the standalone version weren't that great and so the decision was made to cease development on it (source). The focus is now back on the Reaktor version.

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 30 Helper
    Options

So the Super 8 wont get M1 / M2 support?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,741 mod
    Options

Super 8 has M1/M2 support now because Reaktor does. The Super 8 VST3 plugin version though is discontinued but you should be able to get the Reaktor version if you contact NI support

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Options

Super 8 R2 (the standalone version) will not get Apple Silicon support. One may use Reaktor version of S8, that will run on AS.

• ICONOMOUS
    ICONOMOUS Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Does anyone know how to load my existing preset from the Super8 R2 standalone in the reaktor version. It won’t let me see what my plugin preset was anymore.