User Expansions with images on Maschine Plus?

Guy Brown
Guy Brown Member Posts: 24 Member

Hey,

I have been creating my own expansions for Maschine based on packs from Splice and other places.

Using the various guides I have been adding images and colours via adding files to “../NI Resources/image” and “../NI Resources/dist_database” and they look great in the browser. Additionally, I have added a folder called PAResources inside the expansion folder with the same files.

Although they work great in the Maschine software and the MK3, when I copy the expansions to my Maschine Plus the images obviously don’t show. I was hoping it would pick them up from the PAResources folder but maybe I have done something wrong.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to have the images for user expansions on Maschine Plus?

Comments

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

For what it's worth, I would definitely be interested in your custom expansions, the only one I know of is Frank 'Xenox' Neuman's Synth Motions which was quite excellent (although I don't remember seeing a thumbnail image in it on the M+). If you search for him/it on here in the community he might have some advice for you.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 998 Guru

If you compare an official NI Maschine expansion installed on your computer to the same expansion installed on the Plus, you'll notice there are differences. More files on the Plus.

• Guy Brown

Yeah, I tried to replicate those files copying one of the official expansions including editing the db files but no joy! Maybe I’ll try again.

• Guy Brown

Strangely the db files in each expansion seem to include data for all expansions which seems odd

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

I suspect it would have to be a "Jailbreak" to the firmware on the M+ to get this working, and the userbase just isn't as large as the MPC userbase for the right kind of bods to do it, hopefully in the future it gets modded.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

Hopefully, in the future, NI provides an Expansion Maker app.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

That might be likely if they set up some kind of marketplace that they take a cut on sales (Good idea) unlikely otherwise.