Does Massive no longer have a "batch convert ksd files" option?

RichieGrin
RichieGrin Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

All I seem to have is an option to import single KSD sound. This would take me 50 years to do. Does anyone know if the batch function is retired?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Indeed it's been removed from 1.5.9 update. If you need this functionality then you'll have to downgrade to 1.5.8. Feel free to get in touch with our support team if you need an installer: https://bit.ly/n1synt

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

10 clicks for one sound - import it and save it in my area. It's a pitty and my wrist gets aches.

After a software crash on my old win 7 machine I've to setup a lot of new on win 10 pc.

No batch function found.

• RichieGrin
    RichieGrin Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Exactly. What kind of developer would do this to us? Haha

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Indeed it's been removed from 1.5.9 update. If you need this functionality then you'll have to downgrade to 1.5.8. Feel free to get in touch with our support team if you need an installer: https://bit.ly/n1synt

• Paule

I've luck, had converted all my presets during the last years.

• inmazevo
    inmazevo Member Posts: 25 Helper

goofy... (extra for 5 character minimum)

• madbuzz
    madbuzz Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Oh wonderful, more great UPDATE FEATURES from NI again!!!! When your excuse of a company went from battery 3 to battery 4 you had no idea what you were doing - and still dont - removing features like this... Learn a lesson OR 5 from ReFx. Why dont you morons stick to making your useless little kiddy playable sample packs... and leave the synths to more competent, well ran, well staffed business. Or just make something new IDK. NI is useless and I hope you get bought out and become insolvent

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 151 Advisor

At this point, they are actively trolling users and trying as hard as possible to push them away.

• michelkeijzers
    michelkeijzers Member Posts: 22 Member

I'm having Komplete 13, version FM8 14.6+3.

I have 13,000 KSD files ... is there any way to prevent me 13K + mouse clicks to convert these to FM8 ?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Yes, just install the standalone for the older version, convert your files, then reinstall the update (if you want to keep the old version around just in case you have more to convert rename it so it doesn't get over written)

• Paule

Yes, just install the standalone for the older version

Less people like you and me own update copies.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited April 2023

Kaiwan posted the link to the older version earlier in this thread so I think it should be possible to temporarily downgrade then reinstall via NA

• RJH_MUSIC
    RJH_MUSIC Member Posts: 4 Member

I don't know if anyone will see this since the original post was almost 1 year ago, but i am also now experiencing this. What really irks me about a lot of music software companies is that i am sick of paying good money for updates and upgrades to get less functionality. For NI alone i have spent a least a few thousand American dollars getting from Komplete 8 all the way up to 14UCE. That is Bull #$&%!! To put it mildly. The new version of Kontakt 7 erroneously tells me a few of my libraries are already included when they are not, and NI has been absolutely no help in telling me how to correct it. I will think twice next time before I spend another dollar updating. Steinberg is just as bad. More money for less features. and don't even get me started about Apple..... Do they just forget all about musicians when they design new and updated computers? Gone are the days when you could run all of your favorite software and VST's on a roc solid MacBook Pro 17" without a hicup. Now I cannot even get half my software to not crash on Catalina, (which is a pig) and they made it impossible to downgrade to Mojave. So that last question i have is will an older version of Massive even run on Catalina??