Recording Mix External

AdsR
AdsR Member Posts: 7 Member

Hello Everybody,

Suddenly i having problems recording my mix with external Mixer on Traktor PRO. It worked for years and now all of a sudden it doesn't.

Just explain how everything is connected and which devices I use.

Gear external mixer Xone 92

Soundcard AUDIO 10

record output mixer goes into main in audio 10.

settings Traktor

---------------------

Mix Recorder

Source - External

External Input - Input FX Send (Ext)

-------------------------

Input routing

Input FX Send (Ext)

L - Mail Left

R - Mail Right

Thanks in advance to anyone who could help me with this

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    Answer ✓

Maybe it's a rights issue, on mac as far as I know you can prevent apps to have access to inputs. But i don't know how to check and fix it.

Answers

• Uwe303

Hello,

do you have a mic connected to the audio 10 on the front, it would disable the main in.

• AdsR

No microphone connected.

The strange thing is it has worked for years and my UV meters in the recording no longer respond.

The LEDs @ Soundcard Audio 10 respond. Audio 10 still works because in Ableton it works perfectly.

• Uwe303

have you also tested cabling twice, you go into input and not out, this can happen very quickly, you can also see in the settings window if there is a signal comming in, there are also level meters. MAybe try to set something else than back.

• AdsR

Have connected the recording out of the Xone92 to all the different inputs Audio 10.

Led On Soundcard get signal but nothing in Traktor .

• Uwe303

under audio setup is it set to asio or core audio, depending on your os? Try to switch that back and forth, and set master in again under "input FX send (ext)" - if you are on mac have you checked under audio settings/input that the faders there are not at sero?

• AdsR

Traktor is running on Macbook Pro.

Which faders do you mean because my mixer is external so no faders in Traktor?

• Uwe303

under mac audio settings/input

• AdsR

In my Mac Apple menu --> System Settings --> Sounds the input is Audio 10 Led's are moving to the sound that come out my Xone 92

• Uwe303

Ok then i have no idea why the sound is not coming into traktor.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro

You aren't by chance streaming Beatport or Beatsource tracks. If so recording is disabled for copyright purposes.

• AdsR

No I'm not using streaming with Traktor.

@ Uwe303 Thx fore trying to help me.

Don't understand why all of a sudden it stopped working in traktor.

This Audio 10 Soundcard works perfectly in ableton.

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Maybe it's a rights issue, on mac as far as I know you can prevent apps to have access to inputs. But i don't know how to check and fix it.

• AdsR

@ Uwe303 You are my hero!!

It was changed in the settings in my macbook Pro due to an update I suspect.

For everyone who is also experiencing this.

Choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click Privacy & Security in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.) Click Microphone. Turn access to the microphone on or off for each app in the list.

Thx

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

This issue occurs since Apple has introduced some sort of 'security' feature blocking incoming audio signal. Easy fix to be found here:

macOS Dialog: “*App Name* would like to access the microphone."

• Vik123
    Vik123 Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2023

Hi guys, i have the same issue, but on Windows, could you help me with that please?