Filters, resize GUI menu items, control via keyboard keys

UdoBehm
UdoBehm Member Posts: 73 Member
edited December 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Please add filters to Komplete Kontrol in order to make it possible to specifically and quickly search for mono or poly sounds and sounds that have a step sequencer or an arpegiator.

Why don't you add toggle buttons like these two that can enable searches specifically for mono sounds or arp/sequenced sounds, for boths sounds - poly and mono - or only for poly sounds (the mono button above should be able to be clicked three times: 1. only mono sounds found, 2. only poly sounds found, 3. mono and poly sounds found)... Would love so much having such a filter that can be enabled or disabled and filters sounds even better than it is possible now... I do not only want to be able to search for monophonic sounds as it is possible now when activating this mode in the characteristics - I also want to be able to specifically search only for stereo sounds and for non arp/sequenced sounds...

Second: Can you resize the GUI elements?? It is barely possible to reach the previous and next buttons when using a finger (for touchscreen displays).

Also I think that the area that displays the presets is way to narrow and small. I would love seeing way more presets at one glance and being able to select them with a finger on a touchscreen too.

Last but not least: It is not possible to go through the presets with a computer keyboard. You can navigate - however the enter key is not working for opening it. You always need to double click and if you want to keep browsing with a keyboard you first need to click in this field again that contains the presets... This is made so unhandy...

Hope you may improve all of that!

Thanks

Udo

Comments

• UdoBehm

If you don't want to include these buttons as on my proposal above please 🙏at least add characteristics then that (always) allow to filter for polyphonic sounds and for non-arpeggiated and non-sequenced sounds... these categories are missing totally!!!!!!

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
    edited December 2022

There are filters for monophonic (and arpeggiated sounds already in the character tags - there is no specific item for polyphonic but I guess most people would take it as a given that if a sound is not identified as monophonic is it polyphonic (or at least duophonic)

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

As for resizable GUI, that has beenat the top of many users' request list for some time. And some of us are optimistic enough to think it's coming In the next 6 months. 🤞

• UdoBehm

Yes, but why is it so hard adding the filters/function above? If you only want polyphonic sounds or non-arpeggiated sounds you don't want to browse through all of the presets and hear also sounds that you would like to filter out always...

• UdoBehm

I just see that instrument browsing with arrow and enter keys on the keyboard is possible as I wish when using KK in standalone mode. Could this not be possible in VST3-version too?? At least in my DAWs where I am using Komplete Kontrol I cannot press the enter key for opening an instrument and being able to keep browsing (with the arrow) keys afterwards and pressing enter again. I need to double click on a preset with the mouse, which makes browsing with the arrow keys through other presets afterwards impossible then. I first need to click (once) on a preset again, before I can browse with the arrow keys there... Could this be improved so that the VST-versions behave the same as the standalone version when browsing with a keyboard??