The purpose of Absynth + tiny clicks

CrystalmakeR
CrystalmakeR Member Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2022 in Massive X & Synths

It was +-10 (maybe more) years ago when last time I have "touched" the ABSYNTH - mainly as an interesting synth, but in fact I did not use it (not having enough powerful computers, and also I did not really get the purpose of - sorry for that if that is obvious).

Today my machine is vey powerful (16 cores, 32 threads). I am mainly composing film music (very much orchestral stuff). I use very selected amount of excellent libraries and I do not install just "anything" because I have it.

However, just as a curiosity I have installed ABSYNTH, to give a try. Hmmmm...it is still CPU hungry...

I have 2 questions:

1) Although I have a very powerful machine (I have never had any audio clicks on this machine, no memory problems, etc..), playing the preset "Brahms" definitely creates some small tiny clicks (while playing chords after each other). I do not think this is due to my machine, but I like to hear from other users if they have the same experience, and if yes, how to "fix" that.

2) For whatever reason I have also experienced unexpected quitting of the Absynth while running it in standalone mode (I am running Big Sur).

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @CrystalmakeR are you by any chance using an M1 MacBook?

• CrystalmakeR
    CrystalmakeR Member Posts: 5 Member

Soory, no.

I am using MP7.1

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@CrystalmakeR Sorry for a one-month late reply. I thought I replied already. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Do the clicks disappear after you turn off the effects? If that's the case, this unfortunately might be a known issue with processing audio in the effect...