Invalid Serial! Message w/ MK3

Moxioron
Moxioron Member Posts: 11 Member
edited January 2023 in Maschine

Hello all.

Just purchased a new MK3 from Guitar Center yesterday and my excitement quickly dissipated after I entered the Serial Number into Native Access and received the Invalid Serial! message.

I attempted several times and was met with the same result.

Using the online support form, I reached out to NI. But, haven't heard back from them.

Is there something else I need to do to get the Serial # to accept? Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

After checking your ticket, it seems that the licences were deleted from the previous owner and you were able to resgister them thanks to our support agents.

Answers

• NativeAmerican
    NativeAmerican Member Posts: 43 Member

you may want to contact the store and they probably have a faster way to get help, because they are technically liable for selling you a product that someone probably stole the code for. I am sure retailers have a different number to get help.

Are you saying the software code is invalid?

• Moxioron

Yes. So when I try to enter the Serial Number, I get this message. I went back to Guitar Center today and they said my best bet was to contact NI. Sigh. So I am still waiting and probably won't hear anything until next week.

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor

Don't forget: That shop is your 'contractor' and if someone has already registered your Maschine then how can it be new and why should that mess be your problem?

• Moxioron

I agree. So I have the receipt and I noticed it did reflect 'Open Box' ... even though the salesman didn't indicate that when he sold it. It is in mint condition and the GC agent told me that if it had been registered already, they would have required the license be transferred.

If in fact it was registered previously, wouldn't that be the message ... "Serial Number already registered" ... vs. Invalid Serial Number?

This sucks as I am anxious to start using it. If I don't hear back from NI by Friday of next week, I will take it back to GC and exchange it for a new one ... a real new one.

• NativeAmerican
    edited December 2022

I have the exact same issue going on. I read about there may be an issue with some products registering in the new Native Access program. There is also a way for you to get the program from the Support Team by providing them some info, it looks like it will be a while before we hear back from them though. I bought an used Maschine, and I am in the process of getting access to the full version of the software. I installed it from the disc, but there is no way to activate it from the program because they have changed the interface with the company and service center is no longer working. The software was not included in my purchase, but it initially was bundled with the controller, so possibly someone already used the serial. It shows exactly like yours though as invalid. I read about other people having this issue. The code may still be good, if not they have a way giving you a "duplicate" code. The policy is that the original owner should request the transfer code, but if not able to contact the original owner, they will provide you with "duplicate" code. It may be that someone bought it , used the code and returned it, and that is why it was marked as an open box.

• NativeAmerican

I also read about someone who had purchased the Maschine 2 software, and it only shows up as the Demo version in Native Access. From what I have read, the version of Native Access is new, and they are still working on some of its issues. It may have something to do with activating the program Maschine in particular. I was able to use the other code that came with the controller and activate it in Native Access, but the code for Maschine showed as invalid.

• Moxioron

Well good luck to you! I am giving this about a week and then will turn it in for a full refund or to exchange it for a brand new one. Thanks for the response.

• Moxioron

NI responded that the serial number was not transferred apparently. This was an open box item that guitar center assured me any and all transfers would have to be provided by the person returning the item.

NI asked for a pic of the serial # on the card, on the hardware, and the receipt. They are going to reach out to the previous seller to get confirmation that it was sold.

What happens if they can't get a hold of them? I will go that route and give them a week, then I am going to return it.

• Jeremy_NI

Our teams are pretty helpful usually, in most cases they will simply add a licence to your account, unless the previous user specifically refused the transfer (in case of a stolen device for example but to be honest that's pretty rare)

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

After checking your ticket, it seems that the licences were deleted from the previous owner and you were able to resgister them thanks to our support agents.