MFTwister not accept MIDI out + Maschine poly pressure not working with FL

Reed
Reed Member Posts: 39 Member
edited January 2022 in Maschine

1. My MFTwister does not seem to accept MIDI out when I change parameters in either FL Studio but also Maschine, though they both accept "in" signals.

2.When using my Maschine Mk3 as a controller in FL, the poly pressure works until I MIDI learn another pad. Then ALL of the pads are stuck controlling that one parameter.

This is also my 1st post to this new "Community", hopefully we see many more new members in the coming years!

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey Reed, welcome to the new community!

1. Could you give us more details regarding what you want to achieve with the MFTwister in Maschine ?
    2. Is there any chance for you to make a video ?

• Reed
    edited January 2022

I'm deciding whether to use my MFT or Maschine Mk3 to control my plugins in FL Studio. I want to be able to adjust a parameter (perhaps lower volume with my mouse), and have that change shown on a controller.

2 is that, for example, if I wanted to map the top 4 pads of my Maschine Mk3 to 4 volume faders on FL Studio and use poly pressure to lower and raise them, it only works for one fader, and every single pad controls it.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    edited January 2022

Hello,

1 that normally works, you only have to set midi in and out, like you already know, have you tried to use maschine knobs in relative mode and are you sure the faders/ knob sends also midi back

2 have you tried to set the 4 pads to 4 different midi channels, it should then work as you expect, in manual it says poly pressure is also per midi channel - unfortunately I don't use it myself so can't say much about it, it only seems to me a bit counter intuitive, or maybe FL Studio does not support poly pressure to control faders?

Uwe

• Reed

Tried using different channels, no luck. If its not to much to ask, would you perhaps mind downloading FL's free demo and trying it yourself? The demo is only a gb or two and allows everything except opening saved files. TIA.

• Uwe303

I can do that, so to be clear i should try to map more than one pad pressure to let's say a filter cutoff and a second pad pressure to filter resonance.

Uwe

• Reed

The easiest example is using poly pressure with the bottom 4 Maschine pads to control the first 4 mixer track volume faders. Thanks for your help!

• Uwe303

Ok, in my case it works, you only have to set hit action to off, cause if you press the pad to midi learn it will send first the hit action, so fl studio will learn that. You can also use cc for pressing output. Unfortunately i found no way that FL can handle relative midi or sending it back to the controller, this software looks awesome but lacks this basic feature. Maybe it is possible with mackie mode, but that´s another story.

Uwe

• Reed
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Thank you so much for taking the time to test this! I turned off "Hit" in Controller Editor and set each pad to a different channel, and it works! Thanks man! I got some cool ideas up my sleeve this will allow!

• Reed
    edited February 2022

Thanks again for helping with problem 2. Today I'm working on trying to get 1 resolved. The knobs only work in absolute mode(otherwise its too wonky and doesn't fix issue), and MIDI in-out is set just fine in FL. My goal is that when I turn a knob in FL with the mouse, the Maschine will reflect that change. For example, setting Knob 8 to mixer track 1, turning it down with the mouse, and seeing that change on the Machine. I'd LOVE if there was also a way to also reflect words parameters, like when you change the waveform in, say, Massive, and the Machine knob says sine, square, etc.

Also, I'd like the colors on the Maschine screen for the pads to show constanly, or at least when they're not being pressed. For some reason only the bottom ones are constanly lit. It seems like changing the light options for "MIDI in" through controller editor would do the trick for some, but not all. Not a HUGE deal, but any ideas? Thanks again.