Major inconvenience on NI web shop - no filtering

PK The DJ
PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,002 Guru

Today I received an email offering me another e-voucher. I would love to make use of it, but there's a problem.

I already own many NI software products (Native Access lists 294) but when I visit the NI site, wanting to use my e-voucher, the site shows me every product - including all the ones I already own, even though I am logged in, and my products are listed in my account.

This makes it extremely difficult to find products to add to my collection.

A while back, somebody at NI did say they planned to rectify this, but......

Tagged:

Comments

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited December 2022

If you find a product that interests you while browsing through our webshop, simply double-check in your Native Access if you have it already.

We're already working on improving the webshop experience to better highlight the products registered in user's account.

• PK The DJ

simply double-check

That might be plausible with a low number of purchased products, but with almost 300 to check, it's not practical.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited December 2022

There is a search bar in Native Access. So far, this is the only workaround I can think of.

• PK The DJ

Yes I am fully aware there's a search bar - but I'm not prepared to sit and type in the names of almost 300 products one by one to see if I own it.

As I said, I have 294 products installed. There's no way of knowing how many products are on the NI site in total. Maybe there's 295 (so only one I don't own), but maybe there's 600.