Kontakt and Battery content missing

tom.g.
tom.g. Member Posts: 3 Member
edited December 2022 in Kontakt

Hi there,

I‘ve updated Logic Pro to 10.7.6 under macOS Monetrey and now all my NI content is not connected anymore. I have NI Komplete and I see all instruments installed (in Kontakt 5 and in Native Acess as well) and see all content-libraries installed (on a seperate drive, as before, didn‘t change anything), but I cannot load/see any nki file, when clicking any Kontakt instrument (like Abbie Drums, Guitar etc.). Usually the nki files showed up below. In Battery I see the list of drumkits, but none can be loaded. All empty. Can anyone help? THANKS! Tom

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

Is it happening only in Logic? Please make sure to give Full Disk Access to Logic, Kontakt and Battery: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Are you able to load instruments in Kontakt in standalone? What happens exactly then? Do you get an error message? Can you post it? Same with Battery 4 in standalone.

Could it be that you changed the name of the drive by accident? What is the format of the external hard drive ?

• tom.g.
    edited December 2022

Thankyou Jeremy_NI,

meanwhile I've reloaded older Logic 10.4.6 from backup. There the NI-content is found correctly. So I suggest, the problem couldn't depend on macOS-settings like full access, cause I didn't change that settings or drives. All content remains on external SSD-disc. Think it isn't an issue of Mac or disc.

Now I hesitate, to load Logic 10.7 again, try something out and probably get the problem back. Seems I have to accept, that I cannot use new Logic features due to lacking compability of NI Komplete with Logic 10.7. Either NI has that lack or Logic 10.7 has it.

• Jeremy_NI

There are no known issues with Logic 10. and there are no compatibility issues. Full DIsk Access only makes sure there are no permission errors on files needed for your software. Once again check whta happens in Kontakt in standalone. I also see that you used Kontakt 5 as a tag, Have you tried a more recent Kontakt, like Kontakt 6? Kontakt 5 has been discontinued for a while now and is not officially supported on Monterey.

• tom.g.

Hi Jeremy_NI,

interesting with Kontakt 5. Maybe that's the reason? But I also have (and tried out) Kontakt 7, which is completely empty. In Kontakt 5 at least the different instruments were shown (but no content / nki files to load), in Kontakt 7 not a single instrument is shown.

Is there a possibility, that someone - in person - could support me in Munich or on the phone? Any NI-pro out there?

• Jeremy_NI

@tom.g. I see you contacted our support about this issue, hopefully they find the solution for your problem.