New S5 or S8?

hello everyone! It's not the first year I've been working on s5 and S8. I really like the idea and execution of digital djing. But the mentioned controllers have been discontinued and only the S2-4 versions and mini-controllers are presented. In the near future, can we expect an update of the line of digital DJING controllers, or has the project been completely curtailed?

Tagged:

Comments

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    Answer ✓

It was completely curtailed… but also Traktor Pro and they did an step back after step back with Smk3 fail…

so who knows?

the real question should be… there’s still users interested on these kind of “innovations” after too much pendulumm roadmaps?

People is asking for bugfixing over a bloutdated code and basic features meanwhile NI is trying to budget that effort with plus subscription… and about hardware there isn’t a single clue about any new (they did a survey that seemed to point towards an x1 mk3 or something focused towards pattern player buuuuuut… radio silence one more time (baby).

What do you miss from S8 that you will put into mk2? Maybe wondering about that will be more constructive…

• Pasha Li
    Pasha Li Member Posts: 11 Member

I would really like to see the updated S8 adapted to Tractor 3. remove the stamps module and take a more progressive approach to the issue of loops and samples. make their recording and use more operational and intuitive. Make RGB track indication on the controller, not monotonous. Perhaps even a more reliable and durable physical part: faders and buttons

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

What’s “stamps module”? Stems?

• Pasha Li

Yes))) stems)))

• Pasha Li
    @Kaiwan_NI hello! is there no news on this topic in the latest updates?
  • lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,325 Expert

The x1 mk3 has come out since your last post. Other then that no new news :/