How do I stop Komplete Kontrol A49 from controlling my Logic mixer?

ManOfNiel
ManOfNiel Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited January 2022 in Komplete Kontrol
Hi! 
I couldn't find the answer to this, so hopefully someone here can help.
I use a Komplete Kontrol A49. I've noticed that when I have no instance of the Komplete Kontrol plugin running the rotary knobs control the volume of the tracks in my Logic project (each know controls a different track, or the master volume if there are no more tracks). I guess this is some form of default midi control. How can I turn this off? I went into the midi editor and set the midi on the knobs to "off" but when I turn it the volume is still changed. Im specifically looking to find out how to turn off the rotary knobs when not using the Komplete Kontrol plugin. I would like to keep the transport controls, that function fine.  Many thanks for your help!

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately you can't turn this feature off. 

Answers

• ManOfNiel
    Edit: the knobs control the Logic mixer any time I have a track selected that doesn't have the Komplete Kontrol plugin running.
  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately you can't turn this feature off. 
  • ManOfNiel
    Oh... well... thats pretty horrible :( The second you think you're controlling paramaters of of a NI synth but have the wrong track selected you're messing up your mix.. Fingers crossed that this gets addressed in the future. Thanks for getting back to me this quickly though!
  • JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    It’s prob not going to be addressed, it’s one of the compromises you make using the budget keyboard version. The S series has the screens so makes it clear what you control, the A series does not have this so it is less intuitive as to what you are doing unless you touch a control and then check the display before adjusting.