Traktor Pro 3 & Beatport Link - any news on when the crackling will be resolved?

d_j_m
d_j_m Member Posts: 54 Helper

Every since Windows 11 update Version 22H2, Beatport Link and Traktor Pro 3 no longer get along. It's been over two months now and NI has been very silent on what they believe might be the issue, but it sure would be nice to know whether anyone actually has any information about this and when we can expect it to be resolved. It's clearly a relationship between Traktor and Windows, because Link tracks stream just fine when I just play them on my laptop.

I can't revert to the previous Windows 11 update so my only solution at this point seems to be to do a clean install of Windows 10 and then reinstall all my software, but that might also cause issues. That's a real pain in the *** in any case.

Yeah I'm feeling a bit butthurt about the silence, because in a world of "which Pioneer gear should I buy" I've been a staunch Native Instruments supporter... but two+ months is a long time for radio silence.

Any news?

Answers

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod
    edited November 2022

Hey @d_j_m

We totally understand your frustration. This has been a major issue for us as well as our users. We don't have any definites on when the issue will be fixed.

Is there a reason you can revert to the previous version of Windows? Has the window to do so passed?

We're currently talking with Microsoft and we're hoping that the fix will happen with their next update. Once again, we can't guarantee anything for now. Thanks for your patience.

• d_j_m
    d_j_m Member Posts: 54 Helper

Thanks for the update. It's frustrating, but also nice to know NI cares enough to keep us updated (even if there isn't much of an update, lol).

I upgraded during a couple of weeks where I wasn't really playing music and so I'd already lost my window for backtracking when I realized this was a side effect of the recent update, unfortunately.

• Niiqo
    Niiqo Member Posts: 10 Member

The new beta 3.8 fixed it for me