[Giveaway] Join Metapop's KOMPLETE BLENDS challenge and win 100 USD/EUR voucher

Kaiwan_NI
Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
edited January 2023 in NI News

Extreme Genre-Bending

Surprise us. We wanna hear what you're capable of when it comes to bending genres. To mark the launch of KOMPLETE 14, Metapop has launched a competition for all you adventurous souls out there to show us how far KOMPLETE 14 can take you.

All you need to do is roll the dice on this page and create a track based on the sounds from two different instruments you're assigned to.

Submit the track on Metapop and you'll be in the running to win KOMPLETE KONTROL S61 keyboard and KOMPLETE 14 COLLECTOR’S EDITION.

See more info here: https://metapop.com/pages/promos/komplete-blends

Online Community-Exclusive Prize

For community members who join the competition, you're in for a treat. Just share a link to your Metapop submission, plus a short description of your creative process, in the comment section below and you might get a 100 USD/EUR voucher for our webshop - whether you win the Metapop competition or not. 👇

One winner will be announced on January 6, 2023.

Go crazy and good luck! Looking forward to hear your weirdest and wildest blends.

---

Terms & Conditions: This competition is being conducted by NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH from December 5, 2022 until January 5, 2023. By entering the competition, participants agree to these terms and conditions. All personal information is protected by privacy and data protection laws and will not be shared with third parties. Participants must be 18 years of age or older. Employees of the Soundwide group are not eligible to participate. By submitting an entry on the online community, participants can win a 100 USD voucher or local currency equivalent. One winner will be chosen at random. The winners will be notified by direct message, and are required to notify Native Instruments that s/he accepts the prize within one week after receiving the notification. If Native Instruments does not receive notification within this period, the winner forfeits the prize and Native Instruments reserves the right to choose another winner. A cash payout of the prize is ruled out. The right of appeal is excluded. The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany apply exclusively; Berlin, Germany, shall be the exclusive court of jurisdiction.

Comments

• Kenny
    Kenny Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited December 2022

HI All,

Went to the page rolled the dice and got........Indian House (India Spotlight Collection and Expansion Liquid Energy), never thought of that as a mix. I only picked a few highlights from each one. It was a good fit and I'll do more Indian House.

https://metapop.com/quaternion/tracks/fast-track/269672

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,105 admin

@Kenny That's a niiiiice one!

• Kenny
    Kenny Member Posts: 5 Member

Thanks Matt, glad you liked it. Bookmarked the page so I'll be using that to get some inspiration.

• MoHoK
    MoHoK Member Posts: 16 Member
  • jakubpatok
    jakubpatok Member Posts: 50 Advisor
    edited December 2022

https://metapop.com/jakub-patok/tracks/don39t-disrespect-acoustic-drill-komplete-blend/270427

My submission for the contest is titled "Don't Disrespect". The wheel on Native Instruments page showed Acoustic and Drill, which has been an awesome coincidence because, first, I have been keen on creating acoustic tracks lately, and second, have always wanted to make a drill beat. After finishing the instrumental, I thought that the beat on its own was rather bland. I searched for some UK drill acapellas on the internet and found the one that you can hear in the track. Huge shout out to yinte, an user from Looperman, who provided these amazing vocals. They improved my track massively. From acoustic loop pack I used two instances of 'Acoustic - Picked Acoustic Busker - 100BPM' (one is half-timed and is present in the song from the very beginning and the second is pitched up and appears later in the song). When it comes to the drill pack I used two samples: 'HiHats[140] Pull Up 2', 'Strings[70] Frontline' and 'SFX Purple Drill 1'. Everything was created in Maschine and mostly using NI stuff. I had a lot of fun creating the song and I hope you will like it! Tell me what you think.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Super well done @jakubpatok! The acoustic sample you've got is perfect for the blend.

• jakubpatok

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you like it. Right, the acoustic guitar sample fit perfectly into the drill beat.

• michal21
    michal21 Member Posts: 6 Member

https://metapop.com/aya-25448005/tracks/kobl3nd/272870

hope you find it interesting

I've got film score and synth but also used sounds from ashlight and I recorded guitar and bass. Some drum parts are made by me with some vst instruments and some of them are samples from bandlab.

• jakubpatok

Has the winner been announced? It is said in the first post that this was supposed to happen on the 6th of January.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Ding! The giveaway is now over, and the submissions were definitely multifaceted. But there can be only one winner, so let's have the randomness speaks for itself.

Congrats @jakubpatok! Huge drill banger you got there, the rules were duly followed with great insights on the production process.

I will DM you right away with your voucher! 💌

This discussion has been closed.