Deck stops playing and pitch is 100% down... What happens?

xblood
xblood Member Posts: 17 Member
edited February 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

S2 MK3

Traktor pro 3

Load track to deck A, press PLAY and nothing happens. Deck blocked, i cant play any track. And i see that pitch is -100.00%.

Only reload Traktor pro. But this is live set... Who can help?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• xblood
    Answer ✓

This is good idea. It was wedding party, so i had microphone base close to my S2... but it was not first time i work with microphone base close to my devices... But, myabe this is the reason.

After that case I use my S2 2 days all time, from morning to night and NO ANY PROBLEM...

the problem is not permanent and it is SO difficult to solve it, show to somebody how it is.

Answers

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro

I see this happen once and awhile when using sync which I see in your video that it's not in use. Do you have any other controllers hooked up to traktor in your setup?

What windows computer are you using?

• xblood

Sorry for my eng.

try to explain

Usually i use 2 decks A and B.

Momen on video is when i cant load track in deck A. So i add C and D decks. On video you can see (or believe me)

A - blocked

B - track is over

C - track playing

D - free deck

All decks are not in sync mode. I dont have any other controller, only S2 MK3.

Laptop is old, eMashines e732G custom (i5/8Gb DDR3/512 SSD)

• xblood

i use this setup for some years. This problem was once half of year, once on party.

Yesterday it was once in 4-5 tracks... so i close every 10-15 min

• TeLLy
    TeLLy Member Posts: 71 Advisor

Could be your jog wheel is detecting a false movement or hand motion. If you haven't yet, try recalibrating the jog wheel, maybe even set it back to default to start then set its sensitivity as you like. Worst case maybe a faulty or dirty sensor that would need service.

Troubleshooting Jog Wheel Issues with the TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 / S2 Controller – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

• xblood

Jog wheel is ok.

What sensor do you mean? Can i replace it?

• TeLLy

If the unit is under warranty you may be best served opening a case with Native Instruments support - after some troubleshooting steps you could probably send the unit out for repair including sensor replacement if needed.

I'm sure the sensor is not too hard to get to and replace directly under the platter, but I don't know where to get that specific part besides NI themselves, as I've never had to replace one.

• Wyley
    edited February 2022

I might be wrong but I think the jogs on the s2 mk3 are touch capacitive.

If this is the case then grounding issues and radio emissions can and will affect them.

@xblood can you check if the outlets and the laptop you use have proper grounds and check to see if you have anything close to your unit that emits on the radio or microwave bands.

• xblood
    Answer ✓

This is good idea. It was wedding party, so i had microphone base close to my S2... but it was not first time i work with microphone base close to my devices... But, myabe this is the reason.

After that case I use my S2 2 days all time, from morning to night and NO ANY PROBLEM...

the problem is not permanent and it is SO difficult to solve it, show to somebody how it is.

• xblood

My S2 is out of warranty...

Maybe i can clean it? From dust and dirty?

• TeLLy

Dust and dirt buildup will cause any electronics to malfunction, and more so the black magic touch capacitive bits. Yes absolutely give them a good clean, blow out with air duster, spray the faders and pots with Caig DeOxit. If you can safely get the platters off (the old units you could just push down and turn them like a pill bottle) you can see if there's any buildup underneath as well.

• Wyley
    edited February 2022

These are some of the confirmed range of frequencies that affect capacitive jogs.

VHF: 146-174. UHF: 450-470

Look here what bad grounding can do.

• xblood

Thanks, i try to use it without radio mic station on my table. Hope it helps me. Thanks )

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor

2 things to try.

Have you calibrated the S2 jogwheels and faders? It's in the manual. You should do it regularly.

When you press play and the track does not move, do you see the phase meter whipping left to right?

If that happens it is a sound card issue and most likely that the sound card is disconnecting. It's a problem that always shows up in this way. The first thing to check is the USB cable.

Karlos.

• xblood

I don’t have calibration option in Traktor Pro app…

Yes, when I press PLAY phase meter goes from from left to right

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor

@xblood Ah yes, it's an S2MK3. The mk3 doesn't have a calibration tab.

Ok, when the Phase Meter whips left and right but the track does not play it is a sign that the sound card is not assigned or is disconnecting.

Is the S2MK3 assigned as the sound card in the Audio Setup tab?

Can you change the USB cable?