License Transfer - how long does it take?

arttokingdom
arttokingdom Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi all

I know its the holiday period and things will slow down, just wondering if anyone has experience with license transfer?

I purchased a second hand mk2, the guy shared screenshots of license transfer request on 22/12 and so far I have heard nothing further.

I submitted a ticket with Native Instruments day before xmas knowing its unlikely to get a response.

Wondering whether I need to be patient or whether the seller is being dodgy.

Seller has not been able to provide me any kind of reference # for the transfer request which I found a bit strange.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

@arttokingdom I see you are in contact with our support agents already and they got back to you. This will be resolved soon, don't worry. Given the time of the year, replies can be a little longer but they'll sort it out.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

If not problem, it takes hours. One day at most. It is done automatically.

But, if it has to be processed by human, it may take day, two if not much work to do.

• arttokingdom
    arttokingdom Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hmmmm that doesnt sound good. Doesnt seem like there is an easy way to engage with NI staff, I did lodge a support ticket before xmas, I guess I will just have to be patient.

Very frustrating having bought something I want to use and have to wait until who knows when.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

@arttokingdom I see you are in contact with our support agents already and they got back to you. This will be resolved soon, don't worry. Given the time of the year, replies can be a little longer but they'll sort it out.