Use libraries from two accounts in one Kontakt Player?

stefanbehninger
stefanbehninger Member Posts: 1 Member

A colleague of mine and I are working on a project together. We both have our own Native IDs, and each of us has purchased their own NI instruments and libraries. Now we want to get together and produce a few songs in Cubase, using Kontakt Player to play back MIDI tracks with sounds from our respective libraries. It seems however that Kontakt Player can only ever access instruments from one of our accounts, which is the one currently logged into in Native Access.

Is there a way to use libraries from two accounts simultaneously? It feels like the licensing model and software should cover this, it's like people bringing their own instruments to a session.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

@stefanbehninger Well, a library needs to be installed on both systems if you want to use them on both. You would need to install the library that is not on your account from Native Access, logged in to that other account. Once activated on this computer Kontakt should load installed libraries regardless from which Native Access / NI account they were from.

You're not really supposed to do this, you can check our EULA: On How Many Computers Can I Activate My Native Instruments Product? It could also cause later problems to use several account on the same computer, especially with updates but it should work, at your own risk.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

@stefanbehninger Well, a library needs to be installed on both systems if you want to use them on both. You would need to install the library that is not on your account from Native Access, logged in to that other account. Once activated on this computer Kontakt should load installed libraries regardless from which Native Access / NI account they were from.

You're not really supposed to do this, you can check our EULA: On How Many Computers Can I Activate My Native Instruments Product? It could also cause later problems to use several account on the same computer, especially with updates but it should work, at your own risk.