How to setup Maschine in Reaper to read and send MIDI from/to Host?

kmarilleau
kmarilleau Member Posts: 6 Member
edited December 2022 in Maschine

Hi,

I'm currently trying to do this in Reaper:

• One Maschine Track:
    • One Group:
      • Each Sound reads MIDI events coming from Dedicated Sound MIDI Channel.
      • Each Sound sends MIDI events to Dedicated Sound MIDI Channel.
      • Each Sound has its Dedicated MIDI Channel (Sound 1 using Channel 1...Sound 16 using Channel 16).
  • 16 Midi Tracks:
    • Each Track sends MIDI to Maschine Track and receives MIDI from Maschine Track.
  • 16 Audio Outputs receiving audio from Maschine.

Here is my configuration:

Maschine Configuration

Reaper MIDI Tracks Configuration:

Maschine Outputs on Reaper Track:

Audio Tracks Configuration on Reaper:

• Reading MIDI from Reaper Dedicated Midi tracks works.
  • Dedicated Audio Outputs work too.
  • Playing with Maschine Keyboard on a sound works as Audio Outputs are working.

But suppose I run Record on Reaper with for example the Dedicated MIDI Track 1 and play keyboard on Sound 1 on Maschine. In that case, sounds are audible during recording but when I stop recording, the new MIDI Item created is empty.

I tried everything on Maschine, but I don't see why it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

templates already pre-built by a user on reaper..

ive tried the templates in the past... they work ok, but i've setup things much differently since figuring out how to just route audio direct.... i personally see no point in transferring midi from Maschine over to Reaper... when the Maschine-plugin deals with it internally, also the ability to run multiple instances of the maschine-plugin on reaper, makes more sense to just work with midi within the maschine plugin enviroment...

heres a little example of how i use maschine in the reaper enviroment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCAsDWCyoSM

Answers

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

templates already pre-built by a user on reaper..

ive tried the templates in the past... they work ok, but i've setup things much differently since figuring out how to just route audio direct.... i personally see no point in transferring midi from Maschine over to Reaper... when the Maschine-plugin deals with it internally, also the ability to run multiple instances of the maschine-plugin on reaper, makes more sense to just work with midi within the maschine plugin enviroment...

heres a little example of how i use maschine in the reaper enviroment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCAsDWCyoSM