MAC Ventura Update

sunny
sunny Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hello, recently I updated my MAC to Ventura 13. I have been hesitant to re Install Gutiar Rig 5 and Abbey Roads Drummer. I am worried it wont be compatible and mess with my computer. Any input or experience using this plugs ins on MAC ventura 13?

Comments

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    edited December 2022

Guitar Rig 5 is legacy software and will likely never be compatible with Ventura. As for Abbey Road Drummer, it is Kontakt content, right? However, Kontakt itself isn't supported on Ventura at the moment.

Take a look at this page:

• sunny

Hey thanks for the response. Yes it is Kontakt, hopefully they update soon because I really enjoy those drums. I am bummed I updated my OS (was forced to) because it brought my whole production to a halt. I imagine guitar rig 6 will have the same issue ?

Thanks,

Nate

• Monochrome

Hi Nate,

you're welcome 🙂 Guitar Rig 6 is fairly new (original release was two years ago iirc) and I'm certain it will become Ventura compatible in the future. Question is just when...

(Just keep in mind that I'm not a NI staff member, thus I don't have the insight for "when" 😅)

Happy Holidays!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited December 2022

For Abbey Road Drummer series you can already install Kontakt 7 Player, even if not officially compatible with Ventura it should work fine. You can also try Guitar Rig 6 Player, it's part of the Kompletre Start free bundle: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-start/

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited December 2022

FYI - Guitar Rig 6 should be compatible with Ventura by January/February.

• sunny

Hey Jermey thanks for the response. Kontakt 7 player should work on ventura ? hesitant that it will make my computer crash.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Yeah it should work. The next update will bring official support for Ventura, so you can always wait a little if you want to play it extra safe!

• Monochrome

@sunny ICYMI, Kontakt 7 (Player) is now officially Ventura compatible with release 7.1.5 (released on January 10).