Sound engine changed on GR5

Dbas
Dbas Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello, I need a second opinion before I start taking my guitar apart. Has anyone else noticed a change in the overall sound of GR5 since about a couple of weeks ago? To me it sounds more harsh and unclear.

So far I changed the strings and the cable and cleaned the guitar around pickups but I had a feeling it was none of those because it was a sudden change.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Dbas There can't be a change on the program / plug-in itself since it has not been updated for a while. If you notice a change in sound, maybe a couple of things to check. What soundcard are you using ? With what driver? What are the audio settings (sample frequency)? You can also check if the dry signal sound has changed as well. Also what is your operating system?

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Dbas There can't be a change on the program / plug-in itself since it has not been updated for a while. If you notice a change in sound, maybe a couple of things to check. What soundcard are you using ? With what driver? What are the audio settings (sample frequency)? You can also check if the dry signal sound has changed as well. Also what is your operating system?

• BobF3
    BobF3 Member Posts: 11 Member

dry signal level can have big effect on sound quality out of GR and any other amp sim