KK S88: How can I find out where which MIDI controller is?

rowild
rowild Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi!

New to the world of MIDI! I have Komplete Kontrol S88 and would now like to find out, where e.g. CC 8 is defined or which knob that is. What do I have to do to get an idea of that? Is there something like a "standard CC 8" definition?

(I look at a VSL video explaining the Prime Edition, and there in the midst of the video he recommends using the CC 8 controller to adjust timbre.)

Thank you!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@rowild With the Komplete Kontrol standalone software you can assign whatever MIDI CC you want to the knobs. To use these CCs you will need to put the keyboard to MIDI mode. Section 10 in the manual.

I hope that helps.

Answers

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro

If you open Kontakt or KK (in edit view which is also Kontakt) and switch on side pane and then activate the automation tab, you can use Host and Midi tabs to see midi assignment. Host shows what is used by you active plugin whereas Midi shows the midi assignments for any midi instrument or controller you have working with KK or Kontakt. Just turn knobs, push button, use mod or expression/bend strips, and you will see red light indicator to the left of the active CC assignment list.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@rowild With the Komplete Kontrol standalone software you can assign whatever MIDI CC you want to the knobs. To use these CCs you will need to put the keyboard to MIDI mode. Section 10 in the manual.

I hope that helps.