Molekular effects as Blocks?

nanotable
nanotable Member Posts: 93 Advisor

I’d love to have Molekular‘s effects as discrete blocks, with every parameter directly accessible for modulation (like with the Toybox blocks). Think about it, NI, it would be great! 😁

Probably won’t happen, so the other route would be to dive into the structure and do it myself. Unfortunately, I’m not a builder. I looked under the hood and wouldn’t even know where to begin. I can’t even tell how much effort it would take to convert the modules (or macros, I don’t know 😅) to Blocks.

Has anyone been crazy enough to attempt this? How much time and effort would it roughly take for a Reaktor non-builder to figure this out?

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,738 mod
    edited December 2022

Yes - unfortunately Molekular was never updated even once since it was created - not even bug fixes. So it is effectively abandoned

Some of the discrete FX in Molecular already exist as individual ensembles though as they were part of the Deep FX for NI Kore 2 so that might be the place to start

• nanotable

A missed opportunity to grow the blocks ecosystem, for sure. But it’s never too late, I’d say! Seems like relatively low hanging fruit for NI and Zynaptiq to advertise the platform and make a few bucks on top of that (8 years ago, probably).

I’m afraid Kore 2 is even more abandoned than Molekular, there’s no way for me to get Deep FX. But thanks for the pointer.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,738 mod
  • nanotable

It’s worth a try, thanks.

• TheCrow74
    TheCrow74 Member Posts: 3 Member

Does anyone have an idea for a replacement effect/plugin for the Vokoder effect that is part of Molekular? I use that one quite a lot.

• Andreu Naqui
    Andreu Naqui Member Posts: 33 Member

Molekular consumes a lot of cpu, any advice?