Maschine+ will not loop

MAT
MAT Member Posts: 21 Member

Hello,

I'm very new to the Maschine+ so I'm watching tutorials all day :)

But I can't figure out how to loop my recording in pattern mode.

I can't even set the pattern length to AUTO like in this video (Min 1:09) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwBiiR3QBbU&t=86s

The length is 1:0:0 and when I hit shift and record I can play 4:4:4 and when I hit restart it will play the full 4 bars but doesn't loop.

My maschine+ (system 1.4.5.2 | version 2.16.1(RO) | firmware 0.1.6)

Please help, thank you

MAT

Best Answer

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 336 Guru
    Answer ✓

You need to go to ideas view for the auto length. It wouldn't make sense in song mode. The organization/hierarchy of maschine is probably different than what you've used previously.

You're playing scenes in ideas mode. Scenes hold patterns and will grow/shrink in relation to the size of the patterns

You're playing sections in song mode. Sections hold scenes. Auto length pattern wouldn't make sense because it would mess with the arrangement.

Shift+Restart will loop, but the solution you're after is probably ideas view

Answers

• darkwaves

IMO, it will be a lot easier for you to visualize what's going on if you start by learning with the software.

Your description sounds like you're probably in the arrangement view instead of ideas view. Hold shift + restart. Do you see a loop option to enable? I forget which button, but it should show up across the top.

Use it as a controller with the software while you're trying to figure out the basics. Everything will be much more clear and all of the workflow concepts apply to the standalone mode.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited December 2022

Could be many things, hard to say... maybe you're in Song Mode with Loop turned off? Hit Shift+Restart, see if that helps.

I cosign that learning alongside the SW version is 10x easier, even for someone 100% not interested in controller mode using it once in a while just to get a feel will most likely make you learn much faster just based on having a ton more visual feedback at the same time.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

Additionally, update the firmware to 0.1.9.

• MAT

Thanks, meanwhile I figured out that I had to press Shift + Restart to loop. (but still don't see the "auto" length)

I'm a bit impatient because I have this amazing tool, want to start and get stuck on so many little things. I'm not new to this kind of music software, but it's hard to find the right buttons :D

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 996 Guru

It's written on the button! Also the operation of each hardware control is covered very early on in the manual - "MASCHINE+ Overview" section.

Merry Christmas to all 🎄⛄️

• MAT

Yes. You know that situation where you're looking for your glasses that are sitting on your head? 😶

• darkwaves
    Answer ✓

You need to go to ideas view for the auto length. It wouldn't make sense in song mode. The organization/hierarchy of maschine is probably different than what you've used previously.

You're playing scenes in ideas mode. Scenes hold patterns and will grow/shrink in relation to the size of the patterns

You're playing sections in song mode. Sections hold scenes. Auto length pattern wouldn't make sense because it would mess with the arrangement.

Shift+Restart will loop, but the solution you're after is probably ideas view