S61 mk2 on OSX 12.6.2 with NI Access 3.1.0 notes stick and controller acts bizarre, thoughts?

jcr23
jcr23 Member Posts: 2 Member

I do have a support ticket in on this, but also trying the community here in case I get a faster answer. I have an S61 and all software up to date in latest Native Access, on OSX12.6.2, and when I turn on kbd with no software it seems to be fine, playing a note turns the little light on, and releasing it turn it off, etc. testing setup in Mac Audio MIDI Setup is as expected when playing a note on the kbd.

However, once I launch Komplete Kontrol or a DAW accesses the kbd everything goes haywire. notes stick, mod & pitch wheels do strange things, nothing works right.

I have made sure firmware is up to date and all software is up to date but I can not make this thing behave.

Anyone else had this issue or some leads on how to troubleshoot it from here?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,295 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @jcr23That could be that something is messed up in the MIDI assignments of the keyboard. You didn't mention if it's a S61 MK1 or MK2, if it's a MK2:

Try opening Komplete Kontrol with the keyboard disconnecetd, click on the MIDI button

Delete any assignment here by clicking the little x, be sure to do the same for the knobs and buttons.

Now, plug the keyboard and click the MIDI logo:

Click on the little + it will create a new default MIDI template, overwriting any previous MIDI assignments.

If it's a MK1 you need to run Controller editor and cretae a new default template, it will overwrite any wrong MIDI assignments.

Answers

• jcr23
    jcr23 Member Posts: 2 Member

one last detail, am on an Intel i7 mac, 16gb RAM

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,295 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @jcr23That could be that something is messed up in the MIDI assignments of the keyboard. You didn't mention if it's a S61 MK1 or MK2, if it's a MK2:

Try opening Komplete Kontrol with the keyboard disconnecetd, click on the MIDI button

Delete any assignment here by clicking the little x, be sure to do the same for the knobs and buttons.

Now, plug the keyboard and click the MIDI logo:

Click on the little + it will create a new default MIDI template, overwriting any previous MIDI assignments.

If it's a MK1 you need to run Controller editor and cretae a new default template, it will overwrite any wrong MIDI assignments.