How do I setup my Kontrol S88 MK2 under Ableton Live?

Chong
Chong Member Posts: 65 Member

I was looking at this NI YouTube video but I did not see Komplete Kontrol DAW - 1 under my Input and Output. What do I need to do to get my Kontrol S88 MK2 to work under Ableton?

Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

Have you installed your Komplete Kontrol software yet?

If no MIDI ports are showing, your keyboard is either not being detected by your system or the drivers are not installed (that are a part of the KK software)

Also, when you do manage to get the ports showing in Live, you want the DAW port set as the Input/Output for the Control Surface script and you do NOT want ANYTHING selected for that same DAW port in the MIDI section here:

When it is available you will see a DAW port, Input Port and Output port. You select TRACK and REMOTE for the MIDI input port and that is it. Nothing for anything else (well, if you have outbound gear you would know what to do in other cases and would probably already know what port does what...)

The main issue you have tho, the keyboard is not detected by the system so close Live and check that side first. Drivers, Cable and your USB port/hub

• Chong

This is what it shows in my Komplete Kontrol.

• Chong

Okay, I got it to show up in my Ableton now. It seems the USB port in the back of my Caldigit TS4 is having issue recognizing the Kontrol S88 Mk2. So, this is what I currently have. Does it look correct?

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

Good enough tho unless yu know what the "Sync" option does that probably does not need to be selected for anything at all.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Chong Is everything working now?

• Chong

Okay, I'm setting up a new account in my MacBook Pro. I do not see the Komplete Kontrol DAW-1 as an option under Input and Output. Any other suggestions is appreciated. If I logged back into my account, this option shows up.

• Jeremy_NI

@Chong You mentioned issues with your USB dock or hub, have you tried to coonect the Komplete Kontrol keyboard directly to a USB port of your computer? Is the Komplete Kontrol DAW 1 port shows in Komplete Kontrol in standalone then? In Ableton's preferences ?

• Chong

Komplete Kontrol DAW 1 shows up in my profile just not another user on the same Macbook Pro. That is why I believed it may not be the USB dock.

• Jeremy_NI

Oh, that's interesting, I hadn't understood that. So that would indicate permission issues on the other account, Komplete Kontrol and Ableton have Full Disk Access there?

• Chong

Thanks, I will check that next.