Triggering one sample cancels other samples.

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me with this. Triggering one sample cancels or mutes another sample. For example, I'll load a 2 bar loop into a sound slot, which plays the whole 2 bars. Then I'll load another sample (into a different sound slot), and attempt to add it to the loop, but every occurrence of it cancels out the sample I added prior. Especially when they fall on the same beat, or simultaneously.

Long story short, I can't layer sounds. If anyone has had this issue or knows how to resolve it, I'd be eternally grateful for your help, as this is causing me a massive amount of downtime.

Please help! 😔

Best Answer

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    Answer ✓

Did you check to make sure that those two sounds aren't in the same mute group? That is a very useful feature with hi-hats for example, when you want the closed hi-hat to choke out the open hi-hat if it's still playing.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Hello,

do you mean in maschine and do you use the sampler or audio module.

• HIDDEN JEM
    HIDDEN JEM Member Posts: 3 Member

Hello,

I'm using Maschine MK2 hardware and software, on a Macbook Pro.

Whether it's samples, preset sounds or kits... I have this issue. I've been using Maschine for years without any issues, then all of a sudden, this started happening. I can't figure out why adding sounds would affect previously added sounds, especially being in separate sound slots.

Very frustrating. 😔

(And thank you for replying.)

• Uwe303

Have you tried a new project, and use sound slot 1 and 9 for example, not 2 that are near to each other as pads.

• HIDDEN JEM
    HIDDEN JEM Member Posts: 3 Member

I tried. It doesn't seem to matter which slots they're in. 😩

• Uwe303

Ohh that's strange, if that's happen also with sounds and instruments. I can't actually think of any setup/setting where this can happen. Does it totally cancel out or does it compress, do you have maybe effects in the master channel or in the group?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@HIDDEN JEM Would it be possible for you to do a small video? It would help to see what could be wrong.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@HIDDEN JEM Any update on this?

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    Answer ✓

Did you check to make sure that those two sounds aren't in the same mute group? That is a very useful feature with hi-hats for example, when you want the closed hi-hat to choke out the open hi-hat if it's still playing.