Why won't Native Access allow me to download my products?

gbotello
gbotello Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited March 5 in Native Access

I have recently purchased KOMPLETE 13.

This is my first experience using Native Instruments products and I must say, that so far, it has been an overly complicated and frustrating process to download my products.

First, my Native Access 2 window appears to be too big for my screen and not matter what I do, I cannot seem to correct that.

Then, while Native Access downloads some programs just fine, others will not download. I click on them and it says they are downloading, but the process just keeps going on and on for hours and hours without any results. I cannot seem to stop the downloads either. I close the program and reopen it and it is still downloading. The only way I can seem to stop the download is to restart my computer.

After 2 days of trying to download KOMPLETE 13, I appear to have hit a wall I cannot get beyond. Any help would be appreciated, but really, Native Instruments, there has to be an easier way of doing this. I have never had this many problems downloading software before. I just hope that if I ever do get it downloaded, it is easier to actually use than it is to download.

Best Answers

Answers

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 124 Helper

I had the same problem 2 or 3 weeks ago installing Komplete 14. I had to stop the downloads in Windows 10 by going to the task manager and ending the task for the libraries failing to download. Sometimes they eventually finished downloading but I got errors when installing. NI posted a thread offering a work around but it didn’t seem to help me, I had to just keep retrying until the products all installed. This took 3 days in my case and many attempts which was very frustrating and time consuming to say the least. While many users have had the same issues and NI are well aware of this they have yet to give a reason why this is happening and fix it AFAIK.

Recent changes in company structure and key personnel within NI have left me wondering where this is leading NI going forward. Ditching support for certain hardware/software, giving us more and more products like the play series of sample based plugins and refusing to implement certain frequently asked for features in their hardware to work within their software is pushing me further away from NI as a serious tool for music production. Komplete 14 will more than likely be my last.

• gbotello

Hey, Mark,

Thanks for replying.

I am sorry to hear that you had the same experience that I am having, but at least now I know I am not crazy...

Maybe someone else out there has some kind of answer to the problem?

Right now, I am not too impressed with Native Instruments products. The way I feel now I don't think I will be purchasing any of their products in the future, either.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@gbotello You might want to get in touch with our support here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install They'll help you out.

• gbotello

Thanks, I have already contacted support about this and I am waiting for a reply.

Since all of this began I have encountered more problems, this time, with the KONTAKT 7 Software. I have been trying out the products that I did manage to download by attempting to insert plugins like “The Gentleman” and “Vintage Organs” into one of my midi tracks in Reaper. I either get no sound out of the track or, in the case of Vintage Organs, trying to insert it into a track causes Reaper to crash.

Frankly, I am about the end of my rope…I can’t complete my download of KOMPLETE 13 and the products I have downloaded do not work properly. I am going on the 4th day of trying to figure all of this out and I am about to look at the $49.00 that I spent on KOMPLETE 13 as a loss and move on. The one thing that I have learned from all of this is to never buy another Native Instrument product again.

I have never had this kind of problem downloading and using software before. It has always been a relatively simple procedure.

This has been a nightmare and a waste of 4 days (so far) out of my life.

I think Native Instruments needs to think long and hard about simplifying how their software works so that people like me can get back to creating and recording music instead of wasting my time trying to figure out an overly complicated process of how it all works. Every problem that I have tried to solve has led to another one that I can’t resolve.

I say all of this with regret, because I was originally really excited about using this software.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@gbotello Sorry to hear you have a bad experience. Hopefully my colleagues can help regarding the installation process.

For Kontakt we'd recommend to check these articles:

KONTAKT Crashes

Plug-in Administration in Reaper

Configuring your MIDI Keyboard / Controller in KONTAKT

• Dichwasher
    Dichwasher Member Posts: 16 Member

I found this forum with same sentiment. 15 year Native Instruments die hard, and im done with them at this point in time. My Kontrol Mk3 is a half thought out idea. Komplete has nothing but issues. Ableton has issues with some of the programs and just loves to crash.

Money grab company now.

• Dichwasher
    Dichwasher Member Posts: 16 Member

Okay, for me I had to watch for virtual cd a couple times and install it through that. Also I had to work with windows security features to allow processes to occur. You can give native access permission but each program has its own .exe, and it would be a hassle to go through and allow each.

So turn off defender features to allow all updates and installs then when completed, turn back on and continue as normal.

Native Instruments should give people who contribute to these post points to be used in the store. Not ****** points either, points with VALUE.

• Charles N
    Charles N Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Native access will not work at all for me. I have worked on it for several weeks often on and I recently purchased. Schema

And there is no way that I can get it to download. I have tried all the normal solutions on your website and they are worthless.

In the meantime until this gets fixed either through serendipity or someone telling me something that I’m missing, could you send me a link where I can just download schema and start using it. Thank you so much.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,002 Guru

@Charles N Which version of Native Access are you referring to, and on which computer & OS?

Please expand on "will not work" and "worked on it".

When you say you can't get "it" to download, what is "it"? Native Access or Schema?

• DarrenMcMS
    DarrenMcMS Member Posts: 17 Member

Native Access comes up with a disc mount error on several of my bough tinstruments that come with Kontakt 7.

Put in a support ticket.

Already tried their registry fix but that does not work at all.

I think I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software 6 times lol.

Going insane here.

• DarrenMcMS

The irony is i NEVER had an issue with Native Access when I used the free stuff.

As soon as I bought Kontakt 7,Native Access started failing.

• DarrenMcMS

The ISO's appear in public downloads but are then erased again when the error message comes up which is ridiculous.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,239 mod
    edited March 5

Are you using newest version of Native Access for your OS , and did you reinstall Native Access as an Administrator ?

Else try resetting the Native Access XML file , look at section 8 here : My Product is Missing in Native Access .

Also check the file management paths in Native Access and if you have install privileges to the paths set !

Otherwise to use the forum for assistance I suggest that you open a new thread of your own in the Native Access sub forum !

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Charles N Please get in touch with our support here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_NA

I'll close this thread as the title is too generic and everyone pops up with a slightly different issue.

This discussion has been closed.