advanced and smart lists

Kayya
Kayya Member Posts: 189 Advisor
edited December 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

There are a few things that I think are needed in tractor pro. I would like to share them with you.

1- The lists are divided into sections and have smart filters and sorting in their sections. so the lists will be more planned. I think this feature is suitable for the nature of tractor pro.

2- cue number display in analysis and listing for automatic cue points.

3- Displaying the number of periodic playing numbers in the listing.

4- Displaying the time of the periodical playing time in the listing.

5- Showing the file format in the listing.

6- Analysis of music for ID information.

7- Analyzing and recording automatic loop zones.

8- Display of the number of loops in the listing.

9- Automatic analysis of audio files for sampler-tool-remixdeck-track separation.

10- shareable lists. So it will be easy to share lists to 3rd party applications. Common lists can be prepared among Traktor pro users.

I apologize in advance for my bad English in my post.

Tagged:

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,214 Expert

10- shareable lists. So it will be easy to share lists to 3rd party applications. Common lists can be prepared among Traktor pro users.

I think that is possible. Right click and export as playlist, no?

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro

I think a lot of this is already possible with a little bit of clever working within the existing functionality.

And some of it really doesn't sound useful enough, to enough people, for the developers to spend any time on it mate...

A lot of this would be more achievable if Traktor had more a more in-depth implementation of Smart Playlists, too.

• Kayya

I think of the shared list as follows; A playlist made from Traktor Pro can easily be viewed directly on apps like Spotify, Apple Music. trendy list shares are no longer manual. also different traktor pro users can work on a common list. When you look from this side, this feature is available on spotify right now.

I believe in the power of smart playlists. A list that has been created automatically with its segmented alternatives from a pre-ordered list makes it feel more soulful work. I especially attach great importance to the division into sections.

It's also nice of you to show interest.

• Kayya

advanced list in list schema

• Patch
    edited December 2022

You can do this using Playlist Folders. 👍️

Or, if you specifically want a "list" showing all tracks from all of those specific lists, why not just name the list ("List1") that you want to create, then, add that name to the Comments2 field, then create a Traktor Smart Playlist called List1? (Smart Playlist Conditions: Comment2 Contains "List1")

• alec.tron
    alec.tron Member Posts: 72 Pro

There's only 1 thing I need from a "smart"-playlist in a DJ program...and it's missing from these requests afai can see as well from NI's delivered state of 'smart'-playlists, having ignored this (for me vital) request from dozens of people...

i.e.

to take the playing track/deck as reference to dynamically build a playlist of matching files as per the smart criteria (same tempo, half/double tempo, tempo within % range, same key, adjacent keys). eg what rekordbox & VDJ do with theit rather limited 'Suggestions' feature.

c.

• Kayya

The way I work is exactly as you described. I get my job done somehow. I'm building lists with the name 1-2-3-4-5. Musics with many stars are included if they meet the criteria of these sections. Of course, I do the sorting by hand as I feel good. without forgetting, it has to be the list that I give the opportunity to be among those who cannot enter the list. Discovery is important. it becomes more standard and obvious.

my disciplined use of force got me thinking about this advanced list idea. Better than navigating through files. when we play different genres it's better than making new batches of 1-2-3-4-5 files. Also, when we consider a playlist, we do it in groupings within itself. three songs in harmony, 2 songs to surprise or a rest break. We do all of this by keeping it in our memory today.

It may seem worthless for engineers to implement, but I have always embraced the artist's comfort in order to be more creative.

• Kayya

What you are talking about is really beautiful. I think artificial intelligence work needs to be done for this.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,214 Expert

I miss mixing AND and OR in smart playlists.

Would be cool to do (artist = steve OR artist = hans) AND (genre = psy-trance)

• Patch

I hear ya mate. 👍️ And I do agree.

We do, desperately, need more advanced Smart Playlist implementation. Personally, I really want to see "Playlist is:" as a possible condition in Smart Lists. That would be perfect for what you want to do. You'd still need to pull your Unlisted Tracks into a Playlist, but, we'll always need to implement some kind of hack/workaround...

Something that has REALLY helped me recently, is, having a track in my library that has no sound in it at all. I have changed ALL of the tags in that file to just display -'s (dashes). That file, I use as a separator in my playlists to show where one "section" ends and another one begins. I saw this in an interview with A.M.C, and immediately stole that idea and began using it. He calls it a "paragraph" marker... Absolute genius.

• Kayya

So many things come to mind when we think about it. they are always true.

I want to say that magic word. Lists are the most important element of DJ artistry.

• Disc-oh
    Disc-oh Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Apologies if this isn’t the correct forum, but everyone seems to know the importance of organisation regarding tracks in library, so I’m hoping someone will know this question.

is there a way to emulate the mouse clicking of a column header in order to list all the tracks in the current playlist browser by that column? E.g. the open key text Column from unorganised to 1m-12m or 12m-1m?

OR

is there a way to highlight a particular column so that everytime you change lists, it automatically continues sorting by header?

Thanks in advance