Native Access 3.1.0 fails to download packages (most of the times)

mrutkowsk
mrutkowsk Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

What I mean by this.

When I click on install button, most of the time the process fails (download part), but if I keep pressing “retry” then eventually everything will be ok. The problem is, this issue is taking a lot of time from me, because I have to keep pressing retry.

The average is around 10 times per package, but the strange thing is, when download works, then everything is installed correctly.

So this issue is strange because it is impossible from my end to say, do I have a problem with my computer, or the download is failing because if lack of access from server end

last notes:

• If the package is eventually downloaded, then everything is installed correctly and everything works
  • single retry takes around 15 seconds

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• mDay
    mDay Member Posts: 1 Member

I am having a similar issue with 5 specific instruments (Vintage Organs, Ethereal Earth, Drum Lab, The Gentleman, and Scarbee Mark I), however unlike you, clicking retry does not work for me. I was able to successfully download and install several others without an issue but for some reason I'm stuck on these 5. Hoping it's something that can be resolved in an update to NA 2.

• KashatLast2
    KashatLast2 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I recently got Komplete 14 and Vintage Organs, Ethereal Earth, Drum Lab, The Gentleman, and Scarbee Mark I are all giving me the same issue. It's actually also Abbey Road 60s Drummer, Analog Dreams, Hybrid Keys, and The Grandeur for me. Has anyone found a workaround for this? I was looking forward to using some of these...

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@mDay @KashatLast2 Interesting the issue comes with the same products. I'm trying to get more info @KashatLast2 I see that you already contacted our support, hopefully my colleagues will know more or find a fix.

@mrutkowsk Is it the same for you, the same products are causing this issue?

• Aneron
    Aneron Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2022

I´m having similar issue. I just clean all the files from NI, to reinstall everything in a new external SSD. After cleaning everything (hired files inclusive), I install all the applications with no problem. When I tray to install any instrument, it start downloading, after download start to install and stops with the message "installation failed". It happen to me with any instrument.

I´ve setup the preferences with the content in the new SSD, fail. I tried to setup in the old external HDD, fail too. The only change is the Native Access, I use to use the previous Native Access, but now with new one impossible to install any instrument.

Help please.

• Jeremy_NI

@mDay We'll contact you by email regarding this issue.

• Jeremy_NI

@Aneron Is it also with the same products as the others in this thread?

Or is it with any product?

Have you checked this article yet? Native Access Error Message: "Installation Failed" (Mac)

What's the format for your external HD? It should be APFS, as explained here: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

• witteringmuso
    witteringmuso Member Posts: 1 Member

OK I had this problem, the drive was formated as Mac OS extended and when I reformatted it as APFS it worked fine. This is real problem. Most people have instrument drives with 100's of instruments that might pre-date APFS. They can't just reformat the drive of they lose everything else.

Is this really the best you can do?

• Jeremy_NI

@witteringmuso We did not have this kind of reports yet. Usually MacOs extended works but we'd like to investigate this. What error message were you getting from Native Access? OP was on Windows 11 so I would need an exact description on how it behaved on your system as well as your operating system. You have a M1 right? Was this external hard drive used on an older system of yours?

• richie.lueneburg
    richie.lueneburg Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Purchased Komplete 14 Standard on December 1 and everything went smooth, except Vintage Organs (which is now installed after somewhat 20 retries), The Grandeur, The Gentleman, Scarbee Mark I, Drum Lab and Abbey Road 60s Drummer.

I have tried to install these for the last three days and have done everything from the NI Helpsite but still i get "Waiting for Connection" ...

Abbey Road starts downloading and around 7 MB it stops and remaining time gets higher.

Drum Labs goes to 50 MB and then same issue.

The other products won't even start downloading ...

Any help will be appreciated

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
  • richie.lueneburg
    richie.lueneburg Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Dear Jeremy,

thanks - i've done that ... and before they could get in touch with me, i've solved the problem by pressing "retry" till late on Dec 4, 2023 everything is now installed and seems to work well.

So all is left is to wish all of you a merry Christmas and a happy 2024 !

Richie

• Jeremy_NI

@richie.lueneburg An early Xmas miracle! 😃 Wishing you a Merry Xmas and Happy new year to you too!

• Rol
    Rol Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2023

Well, some nicer miracle: I hope I can help out a few people with the same; I had the same issue with 5 instruments combined with Windows 11 (clean installation on AMD Ryzen 7950X3D system):

Drum Lab, Scarbee Mark 1, The Gentleman, The Grandeur, Vintage Organs.

Funny thing: I had D:\NI\Content as the content directory. When I created a C:\NI\Content directory structure and edited it in Native Access, as soon as I clicked on save: those all got downloaded right away (these had been in the queue).. So, Native Instruments, I guess you may have a bug here...

So, I copied all to the D:\NI\Content, changed the preferences in Native Access again to D: drive.

I renamed the C;\NI\Content to C:\NI_TEMP\Content, refreshed all in native access. Now, drum lab complains, I relocated it and hey! a checkmark!

Then suddenly also updates were downloaded and installed.

It still complained a couple of times on that invalid directory, however: restart Native Access and also those were gone.

• Afnarel
    Afnarel Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

For me the problem was that I was trying to install from the Komplete Select USB key.

All plugins installed correctly except Drum Lab, Scarbee Mark I, The Gentleman and Vintage Organs, all failing with the "Download failed" error. When I clicked "Retry" I had an error saying to check the paths configured in the settings. It actually complained because the following directories had been created empty in my Content folder (C:\Users\Public\Documents) on the first failed attempt:

• Drum Lab Library
    • Scarbee Mark I Library
    • The Gentleman Library
    • Vintage Organs Library

I tried removing those folders and retrying but I was back to the first "Download failed" error.

To make it work I had to remove those folders, clear the download/installation queue and remove the USB stick. Then, when installing through Native Access, it downloaded the 4 plugins from the internet and this time it worked. I guess there was something wrong with the files on the USB drive.

• JoeB
    JoeB Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I had same problem with installation of some of the same Komplete 14 programs: Abbey Road Drummer, Vintage Organs, Drum Lab, The Gentleman, Scarbee Mark I and the Grandeur. Like most others, I used the default download settings, and everything else installed fine. The error message said each of theseq programs failed to install and to check the installation path - path was the same as the other programs. It seemed, at the time, the programs downloaded (there were folders for them in [Windows 10] C://users/public/public documents). After I successfully downloaded everything else, I tried to restart Native Access (no luck/same problem); then rebooted (no luck/same problem). There were no options in NI Access other than to reset the installation path (which made no sense). So I looked in the folders of the programs which failed to install - all empty except for Abbey Road Drummer. Anyway, I moved them all out of the above Public Documents folder, which allowed me an option to "install" them again - when I hit install on the first one, it actually downloaded the program again and then successfully installed the program. I proceeded to do this individually with each program that had previously failed to install, and each downloaded and installed seamlessly. It seems these handful of Komplete 14 programs are not installing on the first go round (not sure why - possibly because they are queued? - I dunno). Anyway, hope this saves some one some time - it was an easy fix for me - and helps NI identify the problem.