K7.13 and Akai Advance 49

jshep0102
jshep0102 Member Posts: 17 Member
edited December 2022 in Kontakt

I standalone, I have Modern Scoring Strings loaded. I have MIDI set to channel 1. On the K7 MIDI page there is a option for Advance 49. Default in the OFF position. It will not open to any port, input or output side. I have it connected via a Roland UM-1. It will turn on to port A, but I can't trigger notes from the keyboard. MIDI IN2 and 3, same thing - they turn on and do not send signal from the keyboard. I've tried having the UM-1 port A on, and Advance 49 input/output will not turn on. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I have the full K5 and it doesn't work either.

But it works in my DAW. I don't want to be neck deep in my DAW with 40 tracks and a crapton of plugins to work out some strings parts.

Anyone? Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,320 mod

@jshep0102 I'm a little confused here. If the Advance 49 is connected via USB you don't need another MIDI interface. Can you post screenshots of Kontakt 7 MIDI prefs to illustrate?

Have you checked this article? Configuring your MIDI Keyboard / Controller in KONTAKT

• jshep0102

Thanks much for jumping in for me, Jeremy.

I pulled the Roland UM-1, yet Kontakt will not turn on Advance 49 (the one I need). Any of the other options will turn on both inputs and outputs, as you can see. And to be clear, no - even with all of them off the Advance 49 option will not turn on Port A or any other Port option. Please advise.

• Jeremy_NI

Is your keyboard selected as a MIDI inputs in another program ? Are the drivers for that keyboard up to date? If you open Komplete Kontrol for example, are you able to use this keyboard with it?

• jshep0102

I don't have Komplete. I can use it in my DAW. This is why it's standalone apps, including Kontakt. DAW has been off trying to run standalone.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@jshep0102 Please get in touch with my colleagues here, we'll need a deeper look in that: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_kontakt