kontakt 7 preset browser is empty?

Michael Terry
Michael Terry Member Posts: 55 Member

once again, for no reason my browser is empty... when I click on a library up until today the right side was filled with presets... no more.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,296 mod
    Answer ✓

@Michael Terry Do Kontakt and your DAW have Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

You could try closing Kontakt 7 and deleting this folder:

Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Kontakt 7

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

Open Kontakt 7 in standalone, it should rebuild the new browser's database.

Answers

• Michael Terry
    Michael Terry Member Posts: 55 Member

I have tried quite a few things to fix this. I am running my macstudio ultra M1 in native mode. I opened Kontakt 7 in rosetta mode, no changes.... preset browser is still empty. Followed some instructions on the website about resetting the database... did that, no changes. Kontakt 7 browser behaves just fine on my 2019 MacBook Pro. If anyone has any ideas pls let me know.... the big reason I upgraded to 7 was for the browser and it did work fine for a few months up til today.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,296 mod
    Answer ✓

@Michael Terry Do Kontakt and your DAW have Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

You could try closing Kontakt 7 and deleting this folder:

Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Kontakt 7

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

Open Kontakt 7 in standalone, it should rebuild the new browser's database.