Komplete Kontrol S49 Transport controls not working... (Ableton 11)

Outsider
Outsider Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited December 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Many years ago after much frustration i finally got my transport buttons to function correctly (REC, PLAY, LOOP) etc.

Prior to them working correctly, they would just make sounds. A few months back (possibly when i updated to 11) they resorted to making sounds again, and not actually functioning. I know this is a very common problem with this controller, and i am hoping a solution is available.

I've tried everything, nothing is working, Can someone help me? When i hit the play button on my controller, ableton should start playing and so on and so on. πŸ˜’

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer βœ“

Do you have downloaded the 11 version of the script for ableton 11, there are different versions for different ableton versions. If so then the script could be broken.

Answers

• Uwe303

Hello,

just try to set it like on the picture and it should work, KK A DAW of course set on input and output. And, as you can see, just select track for A49 midi in.

• Outsider

I have tried that many times in the past, and now again. It still only makes a sound when i hit the transport buttons. I've tried this option and all the various ones available, nothing works.

• Uwe303
    edited December 2022

Ohh I oversaw in your first post that you asked about the S49. But now you also have an A49. Do you have a instance of komplete kontrol open in ableton while testing it? What can you read in the display.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

You need to understand what the ports are and what your keyboard is...

What you posted as the setup is wrong:

You have an S series so under control surface you should have the S series driver selected, not the A series

Second, in the MIDI port section you do NOT select the port used for DAW control as the port that is sending MIDI to your track, this is why you have MIDI triggering when you use the transport.

Select the Port 1 as the MIDI into the track, the DAW port is ONLY for the control surface and should not be selected as a midi input port

• Outsider

Thanks for the replies, i've explored every option avail, nothing works.

IE:

-Changing the kontrol surface (i've tried with all three options)

-Every option possible with the input / output

-And every possible port, its either i get a sound or nothing.

Could it be that the driver updated? possibly in native access and its not recognizing my original model keyboard? Like i previously mentioned, this used to work fine and one day it didn't.

• Uwe303

But where is then the komplete kontrol a port coming from? Maybe there is really something screwed up here. So you only own a s49?

• Outsider

Ok, that link did help in a way, as it narrowed down the problem in a sense.

I did a lot of tests.

First test: I opened up ableton 10, and the transport functions work properly on the controller like they used to (so this means, Ableton 11 is not recognizing KK MK1 remote script). In ableton 10 (pictured here the controller is recognized).

In ableton 11, the transports functions still do no work, but the controller is also not recognized?

In both 10 & 11, the midi remote scripts for MK1 are in the folder, but they do not show up inside 11, only ableton version 10. I also removed the MK2 folder from the midi remote scripts just incase it couldn't recognize both, but did not make a difference.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

Its because he incorrectly chose the A series control script which lists itself as the script name in the midi port section, a clue that things are incorrectly setup.

Since he is on mac, i'ma just say it's one of those mac issues and step out.

• Uwe303
    Answer βœ“

Do you have downloaded the 11 version of the script for ableton 11, there are different versions for different ableton versions. If so then the script could be broken.

• Outsider

Success, downloaded the 11 script and everything works fine. Much appreciated, thank you.

• Uwe303

Ahh ok - then have fun and have a nice christmas weekend

• Outsider

@Uwe303 appreciate the time, happy holidays.

• alelom
    alelom Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2023

Hi everyone,

I also had trouble with this on Windows, Ableton 11 Lite and Komplete S49 MK2.

I had all the correct settings in place, however the transport controls kept sending audio inputs instead of control inputs. This happened after a machine restart, when before the restart everything was working fine.

I solved this by restarting the NIHardwareAgent and NIHardwareIntegrationAgent services in Task Manager.

Hope it helps someone else!