Traktor PRO + Denon LC 6000 Help needed

nikinik7503
nikinik7503 Member Posts: 3 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

NI, PLEASE make mapping for Traktor. There is one mapping, but it not works for 2 controllers.It does not matter what player target I choose, both players do the same thing, operate left deck. Please make official TRAKTOR mapping.

Comments

• jack95
    jack95 Member Posts: 4 Member

This is a controller I'd like to buy. But without mapping, it's a no go.

@Native Instruments, is there something coming?

• Aquadics
    Aquadics Member Posts: 59 Helper
    edited December 2022

There are good mappings available you must only download and import them (see Denon DJ forum). The issue is that the wheel display will not be supported and of course native (custom) support will offer always better integration than what we can do with midi mappings.

I bought 2 LC6000 one year ago in the hope that there will be native support but since nothing changed, I turned more and more away from using Traktor Pro. My honest opinion, the LC6000 hardware is too good to use it with software not fully supporting it.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

Very strange company is NI, certainly the Traktor arm anyway. They seem to be on a path of self destruct, with more and more leaving to other software platforms.

• Aquadics

Their Traktor business must do well since there are a lot of units sold to beginners and the investment in development must be small. Considering how long it takes to come up with new features.

Instead of providing features we were asking most of the effort must have been gone in providing the subscription functionality.

As soon as my S4 MK3 is sold this chapter is closed for me.

• Tellmeaboutit123

I have a S4 mk3 and I do love it but dislike very much the awful beatport and Beatsource glitches and other pesky faults. Where will you go next? I’ve owned Denon gear and that was decent. Software is loads better now too. I like the look of Rane Four as well.

• Tellmeaboutit123

Traktor though does stuff better than others. For example able to browse more than one streaming service. Can’t do that in Serato. Plus make a playlist with tracks on hard drive and streaming services can’t do that with Engine DJ. So Traktor wins on that front. Just needs bugs sorting out and giving us customers who have stood by and invested heavily in NI gear the features we want. I’m hoping 2023 will deliver. I went on my s4 tonight with beatport and although a little glitchy I did love it. Really hoping they sort it out.

• Tellmeaboutit123

Sorry back on topic. Forgot what thread I was in 😂😂

• Aquadics

After I bought my 2 LC6000 last year and I found out that there is currently no software satisfying me (did not try Serato or VirtualDJ because of the price tag ) I bought additional Denon hardware which was really making me happy all the time. There was a steadily stream of useful software updates all over the year. It is really satisfying to see the improvements and to know that something is going on.

I also love my S4 MK3. It is a perfect device. The only downside and that's why I will go to sell it is that we are not able to use it as a MIDI controller ( and I am sure this could have been provided by NI but of strategical reasons they do not want) :-(

• jack95
    jack95 Member Posts: 4 Member

S4 is no option for me…platter too small 😭

• Oxy
    Oxy Member Posts: 88 Helper

Engine OS does not even have smart playlists. Rekordbox UI is just plain awfull to look at, just like Serato. Guess no one cares anymore about software and focuses on stand alone boxes.

• Aquadics
    edited December 2022

I think Traktor Pro user did not miss it for a long time since they got it just about one year ago. If you know your songs you do not need it. Also for me it's enough to have smart playlists in the (Apple) Music app.

Honestly any software you get for DJ's is more or less a pain. There is not one I could consider to be perfect or even at a level where I would be happy to use.

• Oxy
    Oxy Member Posts: 88 Helper

"If you know your songs you do not need it"

What kind of statement is that? We all DJ our own way, I love to bring my whole collection. Smartlists is very effective in managing and finding matching songs really quick. What about a permanent setup at home, or club/bar. I don't think knocking futures you don't use is helpful.

But, ontopic. Would love to see support for the LC6000, or even better; a single deck unit from NI other then the X1.

• nikinik7503
    nikinik7503 Member Posts: 3 Member
  • Aquadics

What do you mean with "don't work" ? Not working at all ?

• BenGray
    BenGray Member Posts: 7 Member

@ All

Please vote in this Post to make a native Integration happen:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/5284/denon-prime-support#latest