How to activate Komplete Upgrade...?

MarkM
MarkM Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

HI.

I recently bought a Komplete A49 keyboard, which came with Komplete Start package.

Since then I have purchased a few other plugins, expansions etc. Then I decided to bite the bullet and buy the whole Komplete 14 Standard upgrade, as I'd bought many of them and the price to upgrade was low enough to go the whole hog.

Problem is, when I download the individual plugs, the show as Demo in Native Access. I guess because I haven't registered them. But when I try to register them it says my serial number is invalid.

This, I think, is because it wasn't a proper upgrade, as I didn't have an existing registered version of Komplete 14? it was only a partial upgrade. My Start package is registered.

I've sent a few messages to support, but heard nothing back yet.

So I don't know what to do now, demos are pretty limited but I can't activate them.

Anyone been here before?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,595 mod
    Answer ✓

@MarkM It looks like they did a refund, so when the money's back in, please make sure to buy the upgrade and not the update.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,035 mod

Hello,

normally somewhere you can read "this product needs yxz as base product" - it could be the case, that your upgrade needs komplete select and not start. But that's just a guess. Can you share the website where you bought it.

• Uwe303

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/pricing/komplete-14-standard/. here they call it upgrade for collections

• MarkM

Thanks Uwe. I just bought it through the NI website.

I must have missed the bit that said I needed a previous version. I took my money though!

• Uwe303

then you where unfortunately not logged in i guess, you can contact native guys and ask for a solution - refund or buy the upgrade you need in between.

• Jeremy_NI

@MarkM It seems you had bought the update and not the upgrade, no worries though, I see you already got in touch, my colleagues will probably swap the licences, I checked your request and it looks like it's on it's way. We'll keep an eye on it.

• MarkM

Ah awesome, thanks Jeremy. I appreciate it.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@MarkM It looks like they did a refund, so when the money's back in, please make sure to buy the upgrade and not the update.