Are 3rd party plugins sold thru Native Instruments NKS Only?

I'm super interested in this U-He plugin sale happening now thru NI but I honestly don't have much interest in using them NKS. If I purchase these plugins thru NI is that the only option or can I use them natively? Is AU/VST included with the purchase here?

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/nks-special/

I use Kontakt a bit, but really not that much and I'd rather not have to open them thru kontakt to use these plugins.

thanks!

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

NKS opens in Komplete Kontrol and Maschine so you wouldn't need (or be able) to open them through Kontakt at all.

But they also come in all the regular plugin flavours including AU, VST2, VST3 and even CLAP for some, so you can ignore NKS anyway.

Answers

• Kymeia
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

NKS opens in Komplete Kontrol and Maschine so you wouldn't need (or be able) to open them through Kontakt at all.

But they also come in all the regular plugin flavours including AU, VST2, VST3 and even CLAP for some, so you can ignore NKS anyway.

• GoaSkin
    GoaSkin Member Posts: 26 Member

Can I download the Linux versions of the U-HE plugins if I buy them at the NKS store?

• Kymeia
    edited December 2022

You just get the same version you would get if you bought it from u-he so I guess so if they are available