Drumlab questions...

Djeedjee
Djeedjee Member Posts: 6 Member

I would like to know if:

• it is possible to make my own kit-page with only percussion? Now I can have no more than 5 percussion instruments per preset. I could create two midi-channels with Drumlab and two presets with 5 percussion instruments each but everything in one custom kit-page is much easier...
  • Can I use a program change of bank change in my midi-track to switch presets?
  • The mapping of midi-notes is per preset? I can not mix midi-note mappings to different instruments in different kit-pages?

Thnx!

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

#2 there is now way to automate preset changes in Kontakt… you would need to use an instrument bank. (Refer to the Kontakt manual… might help with # 3 as well!)

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

#2 there is now way to automate preset changes in Kontakt… you would need to use an instrument bank. (Refer to the Kontakt manual… might help with # 3 as well!)

• Djeedjee

@Blindeddie

I only have Kontakt Player so no instrument banks for me.... I guess I go for some different midi-channels with Drumlab in each channel, different percussion instruments per Drumlab and do some midinote-mapping...

Thnx!

• Djeedjee

@Blindeddie

Oops! I didn't take a good look.... You're right, I can make an instrument bank in Kontakt Player.. I'll go play with it..

Thnx again!

• mcourter
    mcourter Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I learnt how to drag the currant groove onto a track. but i dont understand how to record when i am playing in real time. i hear and see audio, but nothing is written to the track. whats the secret? i use Reaper.