Other genres?

Chris Dengler
Chris Dengler Member Posts: 5 Member
edited September 2022 in Komplete General

Is Native Instruments planning to release instruments, plugins, or expansions (especially expansions) for genres other than:

Hip Hop

EDM

Dance

Rave

& Scoring?

Just a thought, but maybe add some Rock, Country, Jazz, Adult Contemporary, etc. items? Haven't the EDM, Hip-Hop, dance, etc. genres been done to DEATH? I'm not asking for fewer expansions of the other genres; I'm merely asking if there are any plans to add ANY other genres?

Comments

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,002 Guru

IKWYM but at the end of the day, the instruments, plugins and expansions are just a bunch of sounds. You are free to use them for any genre.

Just because it's labelled as a Hip Hop pack (for example) doesn't mean you are restricted to only making Hip Hop with it.

I mean, e.g. a guitar is just a guitar. It can be used to play rock or country (etc).

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

For Expansions it's probably a very hard sell considering the audience, i mean how many Country musicians own a Maschine?

For instruments when it makes sense there's dedicated stuff for Rock, Country, Jazz etc in there, in the Guitar instruments for example, Drum Instruments, Pianos, etc... It does tend to be for Instruments that either have loops or a MIDI/Chord engine.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

Chicken and egg situation. Make it and they will come. Certainly could be more interesting than the constant sameness of most Expansions.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

I still think native instruments is missing a huge market by not producing a major Latin expansion.

• Chris Dengler
    Chris Dengler Member Posts: 5 Member

I agree with Peter Harris, and still maintain my position on this. Yes, I'm aware that they're "just instruments" and you can use a guitar to play rock, country, etc. I get it. BUT - the problem remains.

PK said, "Just because it's labelled as a Hip Hop pack (for example) doesn't mean you are restricted to only making Hip Hop with it." Yes, I'm aware, however wouldn't you have a problem trying to create your hip hop or EDM song with just banjo and accordion plugins? See the "opposite" problem? I'm exaggerating a bit, but I hope you get the point. While you CAN use EDM / hip hop / rap plugins for country, jazz, rock, etc., I'm 100% certain that MANY of them don't, cannot, and will not apply to much of that type of music.

Native Instruments has X00's of plugins for these limited genres. I guess the take-away is, "make your own plugins"; in which case, why buy these if I'm recording something other than "computer 'music'"?

I already HAVE purchased the largest product possible; I was just hoping that it would have more content, instruments, beats, loops, etc., for OTHER genres.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

however wouldn't you have a problem trying to create your hip hop or EDM song with just banjo and accordion plugins?

The answer to this is obviously a big resounding No!😂... seriously, sounds like an awesome challenge

That said, I like the idea of a diversified genre portfolio for the expansions very much.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,002 Guru
    edited December 2022

Check out what the Young Rascals could do with just an organ, guitar and drums.