Battery 4 is very slow opening or closing

hibtro
hibtro Member Posts: 4 Member
edited December 2022 in Battery 4

Hi!

My problem is described when I already have Battery 4 loaded on a channel in Cubase 10.5.

Each time when I click to open the GUI it takes like 4 seconds to come up, and even worse when I then close it. It could take about 30 seconds, involving the beach ball mouse cursor in Mac.

Does anyone know what could be the cause of this problem and how to solve it?

This problem doesn't happen inside Pro Tools.

Running Battery 4.2.0 in Cubase 10.5, macOS Mojave 10.14.6, 3,3 GHz Intel Core i7

I have no such problems with other NI Komplete software or other third party plugins.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• hibtro
    edited December 2022

*comment removed*

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Does Battery and Cubase have Full Disk Access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Where are your factory Battery kits and samples stored? Where are your user kits and samples stored? On an external hard drive?

• BELLY
    BELLY Member Posts: 2 Member

I am having the exact same problem. The only differences are that I'm using an M1 Mac running Ventura, and Ableton 11.

My samples are stored on an external SD drive. I never had problems before updating to Ventura, so thought it was that, but OP is Mojave.

It's super frustrating, I've the full disk access setting aswell, but nothing doing?

• Jeremy_NI

@BELLY Well, first of all, Battery 4 is not yet officially compatible with Ventura, then it is also not M1 natively compatible. What is the format of the external drive? Ventura is known for issues with certain formats. Also, are you using Ableton in Rosetta mode or in M1 mode?

I know that OP's issue seems similar but could have different origin and OP did not reply yet.

• hibtro
    edited December 2022

Hi!

Thank you for your replies.

I have tried something I found in Apples forum (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250622175).

It was obviously a different problem described but I felt that the solution might help.

For the sake of convenience I am citating:

"You could try this: go to ~/Library/Caches/CloudKit/

and move the following files to the trash:

CloudKitMetadata

CloudKitMetadata-shm

CloudKitMetadata-wal

Then open Activity Monitor and search for ‘cloudd’ (yes, two d’s!!). Select it and quit this process by clicking on the “X” at the top left of the window. Re-boot your MacBook. Hope this helps you! Regards, Ian."

This looked like as it helped at first, but at a later time the problem persisted.

I have also tried what Jeremy_NI suggested to no avail. I should try to restart my computer and test again. I will let you know.

• Jeremy_NI

@hibtro@gmail.com First, I forgot to mention, it's not a great idea to have your email address as user name, remember it's a public space. You might want to change your user name!

Where are your factory Battery kits and samples stored? Where are your user kits and samples stored? On an external hard drive?

Is this happening in Battery in standalone?

• hibtro

Totally agree about the username. I tried to change that previously but the name field isn't changeable for me. I should probably contact NI's customer service regarding that.

The user and factory kits are stored on my local hard drive, the same one that all the installations are stored.

After restarting my computer, Battery 4 is still taking long time to open and close.

I believe it has something to do with disc access as Jeremy_NI brought up, but not sure it's NI who is to blame, as it works good inside Pro Tools. I think it's Cubase that is having issues with accessing the local hard drive.

• Jeremy_NI

@hibtro@gmail.com Well, I can change your user name, let me know what name you'd like to use.