Razor and Skanner removed after purchase with earlier Komplete version?

janpeeters
janpeeters Member Posts: 19 Member

Today I wanted to use the above mentioned products which had always been accessible to me with my Komplete Standard suite purchase. For Skanner I see a separate serial in my products list and I tried (without luck) to reregister it in Native Access. I also used Razor in the past but I don't know how it got installed, I'm sure it was after purchasing Komplete years ago.

I'm wondering now if these have been silently removed from the Komplete Standard offering and if I can get them back without having to upgrade to Ultimate.

I would think that if I have purchsed licenses for these via my Komplete in the past I would be able to keep access these products towards the future.

Thanks for any help/clarification.

Best, Jan

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,306 mod
    Answer ✓

@janpeeters I checked your account, you're right, Razor was only available with Komplete 8, I've added a specific serial to your account, it should now show in Native Access, if not let me know, we can probably work it out, you've been a loyal customer since 14 years, it means something ;)

Here is an installer for Skanner: Skanner

I'm not sure it will work as it's an old product and an old installer, but it's worth a shot.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

products don't get deleted or deactivated after purchase a newer product. Razor and skanner are both reaktor instruments, have you checked that reaktor is installed. You can also try to open traktor stand alone and look if you find the two instruments there.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited December 2022

There is Skanner (holiday gift from 2008) and Skanner XT (commercial)

Kymeia gave me a tip to activate the holyday gift via NA: you need the installer from 2008 and your serial number given by email from NI.

Start the installer to folder C:\Users\your name\Documents\Native Instruments\Skanner

Start Native Access and add your serial number.

There is no add in NA for seen, but you can run Skanner again.

Razor is a commercial product only. If you're registered it's in NA:

• janpeeters
    edited December 2022

Thanks for your replies @Uwe303 and @Paule.

@Uwe303 I had to install everything again on a new M1 mac, so it's not that something got deleted or deactivated. Razor and Skanner are currently not among my Reaktor instruments.

What I understand now is that Razor was never part of Komplete Standard as a whole but a separate instrument. I have probably gotten it via the Komplete 8 additional offering in 2008. Weirdly so, I have been able to use and register it in the past, the serial is not in my user account though. So I'm afraid I'm at a loss here because my email archive doesn't go back this far to find an emailed serial. Does NI have a additional system in which they can find older serials?

Regarding Skanner, thanks for the clarification @Paule I forgot that it was a holiday gift. I don't have an installer anymore though, only a serial in my user account and it says install via Native Access. Which is not possible, so an incorrect statement from NI. I tried activating the serial in NA but NA hangs. Any ideas as to how to obtain the installer?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

You could try to contact support, they can look into your account and see what's going on. If you see a serial in your account under the "my products" list it is normally already registered and therefore can't be registered again. There are cases where you have products twice and then one of them is shown on top of the list as not registered but in my account.

• janpeeters

Thanks, I'll try that.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,306 mod
    Answer ✓

@janpeeters I checked your account, you're right, Razor was only available with Komplete 8, I've added a specific serial to your account, it should now show in Native Access, if not let me know, we can probably work it out, you've been a loyal customer since 14 years, it means something ;)

Here is an installer for Skanner: Skanner

I'm not sure it will work as it's an old product and an old installer, but it's worth a shot.

• janpeeters

Hi @Jeremy_NI, what a service! And thanks for the kind words. Razor did indeed show up now in NA and I was able to install and run it. Great to have this still sharp soundin' golden oldie back ;-).

I wasn't able to install Skanner, it resulted in a (probably because of it's age) installation error. But that is not unexpected, to be honest.