Is it possible to change individual key volume?

David B
David B Member Posts: 14 Member
edited December 2022 in Kontakt

Kontakt 6.1 with Noire.

Is it possible to change individual key volume in kontakt? The last octave of Noire is a little too piercing for me. Eq'ing those frequencies changes too much of the overall color of the instrument. Can I lower the volume of just those keys in the last octave without changing anything else? Thanks for the help.

God Bless,

David

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    Answer ✓

You didn't mention that you were completely green to this. I honestly think Stephen has lead you down a more confusing path that doesn't work.

If you're using this piano for recording purposes maybe it would just be easier to maually edit the velocity of the higher range in your DAW project, untill you understand this better.

By using my appproach you have to understand what the 'Mapping Editor' is and how to modfy 'Zones'.

Each zone contains a sample and has multiple parameters such as velocity and volume. Groups are a collection of one or more zones and can have extensive effects and filters with independent volume and pan at the Amplifier level.

But with these heavily scripted instruments I'm not sure you would acheive that goal.

Good luck!

Answers

• Gee_Flat

I can't say from experience, but messing with that instrument might be difficult, however...

Every group and zone has independent volume in Kontakt 'edit' mode. Read up on how to use zones, and if you accomplish anything by tampering, save your instrument with a new name so you don't lose the original instrument. I know, you know.

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 276 Pro

Look up Key Position as a modulation source and use the Modulation Shaper. You'll probably need to Edit All Groups.

• David B
    David B Member Posts: 14 Member

I appreciate the comments, but unless I have some simple step by step instructions, I don't think it's going to happen. Is there a link to where I can follow some simple steps? Thanks again for the help.

God Bless,

David

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 276 Pro

Modulation is well covered in the manual and is pretty basic stuff. It's really worth getting to grips with it - and it'll easily solve your problem. Otherwise I don't think you'll get very far with editing.

• Gee_Flat
    Answer ✓

You didn't mention that you were completely green to this. I honestly think Stephen has lead you down a more confusing path that doesn't work.

If you're using this piano for recording purposes maybe it would just be easier to maually edit the velocity of the higher range in your DAW project, untill you understand this better.

By using my appproach you have to understand what the 'Mapping Editor' is and how to modfy 'Zones'.

Each zone contains a sample and has multiple parameters such as velocity and volume. Groups are a collection of one or more zones and can have extensive effects and filters with independent volume and pan at the Amplifier level.

But with these heavily scripted instruments I'm not sure you would acheive that goal.

Good luck!