Customer service and order delivery times

derny69
derny69 Member Posts: 10 Member
edited December 2022 in Komplete General

I have dealt with a lot of the big players in this industry.. Arturia, U-he... and a dozen other companies both small and large. With-out a doubt, NI has the absolute worst customer service and it's not even close. I still cannot understand why it takes multiple days at times just to receive a serial # for a digital product. It. Makes. No. Sense.

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,591 mod

@derny69 I went over your requests to support. You submitted the last one yesterday, 11 hours ago, please allow at least a few hours for my colleagues to get back to you. I don't see where our customer support service was bad here. You contacted support at numerous times, got answers in a timely manner.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 424 Pro

I can agree that your customer service is not bad, but it's certainly inconsistent. That's because you inject a human audit step in your process whereas most of your competitors don't. But that causes inconsistencies in your delivery times over weekends, holidays, non-working hours, and high traffic volume times. I'm sure your competitors have the same audit concerns but they handle them by exception rather than on every transaction (as is the standard for the vast majority online commerce) most likely to provide a more timely delivery of software.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited December 2022

Well, I'm not sure what is the nature of the order of the OP as I don't have acess to these parameters. If payment goes ok, and the product is software only, it should be available in Native Access straight away. Not sure what the issue is exactly in this case.

• derny69
    derny69 Member Posts: 10 Member

I do understand that orders are sometimes held for someone to verify them but consider these points:

1) It's extremely rare for an order to be processed immediately as most other companies in the realm can do. 80% of the time I wait 24-48 hours. Why is this the case?

2) I have had the occasion where I placed an order and it was added to Native access within a few minutes while an order 5 minutes later took days.

I am sure you must agree that whatever your backend systems are doing, it's a lousy customer experience.

Also, your online forms that handle support requests are yet another terrible experience. They often cannot handle more complicated support requests and leave people trying to type information into fields that may or may not be able to handle the amount of text required.

Add all these things up and you are left with a not-so-great impression of how NA does business

• Jeremy_NI
    edited December 2022

@derny69 I'm sorry but I can't answer that question, I don't know what happened to your orders, what they included, if it was software or hardware, if it was something with payment or an issue with Native Access.

For this you will have to ask specifically to my colleagues here: https://bit.ly/NISupport_OP They have access to private data regarding your orders that I don't. I know I'm re-directing you to a typeform that you are not fond of. About these typeforms, there is always a way to submit a request if your issue is not addressed, once the request is submitted an agent takes care of it and gets back to you. I know it's not the perfect system but it has proven to be efficient and reasonably fast, even more if you consider we just released new products and had the busiest season of the year. Still, I get what you mean and I will forward your comments to the reponsible teams. Thanks for the input and for putting in this clear way. There is always room for improvement and constructive feedback helps.