Will there be an open Reaktor beta for Apple Silicon?

nanotable
nanotable Member Posts: 93 Advisor

I enjoyed the native Kontakt beta a year or so ago. Any plans to open Centercode up again, @NI? I’m dying to test Reaktor on my M1 Mac 😛

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014683497-Apple-Silicon-M1-M2-Compatibility-News

I don't know an open Reaktor beta for Apple Silicon or win 11

In early 2023 NI plan to update Reaktor, FM8 and Massive.

Here a list about compatibility – above the link

• nanotable

Thanks Paule, I’m aware. And still trying to be somewhat patient 😅

But a few weeks ago someone from NI mentioned that they are planning to release Reaktor for AS in January, which is very soon. So it’s quite likely that there’s a fairly stable beta ready to be tested, and I guess I’m not the only one who would love to participate in that beta program, like we did with Kontakt. That’s why I’m asking.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited December 2022

The different beween Kontakt and Reaktor is large. I don't want to test a beta of Reaktor.

You need a secured area for all the beta versions. I don't have things like that. And you must be more like a user only. You must be a builder with core and primary experiences.

All existing functions must be tested in a new version. That's no fun – that's really hard work.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 357 Pro

@nanotable Out of interest: Any reason why you're not using Reaktor with Rosetta?

I always wonder, also with other Mac OS users with M1 CPU's that they seem to have a reluctance to using Rosetta, especially considering that it is Apple's recommended means during the transition of software.

• nanotable
    edited December 2022

@Paule Yes, it’s entirely possible that NI is approaching it differently this time, and that’s fine with me. It doesn‘t hurt to ask, though.

@chk071 I’m using Rosetta all the time, almost exclusively with Reaktor as it’s my last non-native app. It works really well, Apple has done a great job easing the transition.

In anticipation of the native release I started to re-examine a few Reaktor based synths I’ve hardly touched before, like Kontour, and I‘ve even bought Molekular recently. So I’ve used it even more. Rosetta apps just have that slight, but noticeable lag. Sometimes there are CPU spikes. I expect that to be gone in the native version, and I also expect a small to moderate performance boost. Can’t wait to see how many polyphonic Toybox blocks or parallel Molekular instances I can drive natively.

Also, I want MIDI out back and for that I need VST3.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

I asked to the team if there's any open beta planned, but no guarantee. Keeping you updated here!

• nanotable

Great, thanks Nico!

• nanotable

Good news indeed! Thanks, Nico.