Kontakt 7 NOT Displaying Library images

COTK
COTK Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

All of my images show up fine in the traditional view of Kontakt 7 but about a half dozen of them will not show up in the new view it's just and folder icon particularly my newer Heavyocity stuff. Anybody got a fix 4 this ?

Thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• apricotandpearjam
    apricotandpearjam Member Posts: 76 Member

same issue here for a bunch of well known libraries.

some but not all show up with artwork in native access but not in K7.

weird.

• vikas chander
    vikas chander Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

even i have the same problem. But only for the unsigned libraries for example best service cantus and samplelogics. Surely there must be a fix for this.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@COTK IF you are missing NI artwork there, like Lores for example in your case, please make sure to give Full Disk Access to Kontakt and your DAW: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

If the issue persists, follow the steps in this article: Thumbnail Picture Icons are Missing in the Komplete Kontrol / Maschine 2 Browser. but replace Komplete Kontrol with Kontakt.

Please note that some 3rd party libraries didn't provide the artwork.

• gora
    gora Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓

This zip file is from NI Resources on my PC

unzip it with 7zip or any other ZIP software.

"do not remove image from any folder"

On your Windows PC: Local Disk (C), User, Public, Public Documents, NI Resources.

you'll see a folder named "IMAGE" that's where your NATIVE INSTRUMENTS images are.

You can open it to see your stuff.

Drag and drop the folder you need "FROM THE ZIP FILE" on the IMAGE folder on your PC.

you don't have to restart.

If other people got the same problem, you can share yours with them.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@gora Xtra thanks for sharing, this is also what we propose when nothing else will work. In the meantime we also have this article now: Thumbnail Picture Icons are Missing in the KONTAKT 7 Browser

• Robert O. Aakerman
    Robert O. Aakerman Member Posts: 1 Member

FYI - The article above; does solve the image problem..but what is forgotten to mention is that the first step to delete the APPData folder in Windows /User/... folder also effectively kills all your Quick-Load settings. So save those if you are depended on them and find it useful to switch between the NKI's when the instrument is loaded.

I have many things to comment on the data structure here... and how 3rd parties seems to have a challenge to build NKI instruments (sometimes creates one NKI per sample!...sigh) ...or how music applications always seems to assume that 2023 there is only one place for VST's...on the C:\ drive... and if you are a serious collector of instruments... that C:\ drive needs to be close to PETA byte size...and good forbid if you want to be smart and actually use NAS connected (with GB speed)... it is discouraged. // I'm being a bit sarcastic here...of course, but reality is that I as a customer should not have to spend hours fiddling with Operating systems settings... and developers should take more care in data structure and building smart installers in order to aid the customer. It has improved a lot, but still a long way to go. ;-)

• Jhedner
    Jhedner Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

the image zip file is missing a lot of the libraries that i still need images for, which include the following:

40s very own drums, 40s very own keys, butch vig drums, cloud supply, deft lines, empire breaks, glaze, hybrid keys, ignition keys, melted vibes, playbox, session bass prime bass, session guitar electric mint, soul sessions, stacks, and una corda. Does anybody know where i can get the zip file that includes these libraries.